Second-wave COVID-19 fears threaten oil demand recovery

Nigeria News News

Second-wave COVID-19 fears threaten oil demand recovery
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 63%

The recent oil price gains may be short-lived as growing fears over a resurgence in COVID-19 cases are putting the world’s oil demand recovery on hold, sparking concerns over a new supply glut in the

coming months, according to analysts.

It said efforts to keep infection rates in check elsewhere are also struggling and in Japan, the world’s fourth-biggest oil user, a spike in infections has triggered new lockdown fears. “This slowdown is driven by a sharp stalling in the US due to the resurgence of the virus, a small increase in global jet demand and finally the headwinds to normalising activity even in countries where the virus remains under control,” Goldman said in a note.

The Norwegian consultants see global oil demand staying relatively flat from July to October 2020 and then rising at a much slower rate than previously estimated. According to data from Google, activity has weakened in workplaces, retail and recreational sites, and transport hubs in most of the world’s biggest oil consumers.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

COVID-19: UK PM Warns Of Second Wave In EuropeCOVID-19: UK PM Warns Of Second Wave In EuropeMost Influential Newspaper in Nigeria
Read more »

Hydroxychloroquine cure for COVID-19, says US-based Nigerian doctor in viral videoHydroxychloroquine cure for COVID-19, says US-based Nigerian doctor in viral video
Read more »

COVID-19: Osun cancels Eid Prayers for Sallah, okays Juma'at in mosquesCOVID-19: Osun cancels Eid Prayers for Sallah, okays Juma'at in mosquesIn preparation for 2020 Eid-el-Kabir celebration, the government of Osun State has cancelled Eid congregation prayers for Friday.However,..
Read more »

Eid-el-Kabir: FAAN urges dignitaries, VIPs to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines at airportsEid-el-Kabir: FAAN urges dignitaries, VIPs to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines at airportsMrs Yakubu said that the authority would no longer tolerate the harassment of protocol officers by VIPs at the airport.....
Read more »

JUST IN: Ortom’s wife tests negative for COVID-19JUST IN: Ortom’s wife tests negative for COVID-19Wife of the governor of Benue state, Mrs. Eunice Ortom has recovered from COVID-19 after spending 14 days in isolation.In a statement...
Read more »

Ortom’s wife recover from COVID-19Ortom’s wife recover from COVID-19Governor Samuel Ortom’s wife, Dr. Eunice, has recovered from COVID-19 and discharged from the isolation centre. Mrs Eunice, in a statement on Tuesday, announced that she has been certified ne…
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:29:02