The incidents had attracted global attention, with no fewer than 600 bodies believed to have been buried in seven days.
Its National Coordinator, Dr. Nasiru Sani Gwarzo, had reportedly been quoted as saying the majority of the bereavements recorded so far in the state were traceable to the novel coronavirus.
The strange deaths had cut short best brains in the state, including professors, business moguls, captains of industry and several unsung heroes in the society. He said fears of contracting the deadly virus and shortage of personal protective equipment that informed the shutting down of the hospitals in the first instance had been addressed.
The state task force coordinator, Dr. Tijani Hussain, made the information available to reporters yesterday in the ancient city.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Dangote Foundation engages laboratory to conduct 1,000 COVID-19 tests per day in KanoThe Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), a philanthropic endeavour of Aliko Dangote, has contracted 54Gene, a molecular diagnostics company specialized in
Read more »
COVID-19: Kano in trouble - GandujeWe are a quality, national, newspaper with credible and dependable information.
Read more »
COVID-19: Our focus right now is Kano — FG – Daily TrustThe Federal Government has said that its focus now is on Kano State because of the increasing cases of infections of the COVID-19 in the state. The Director General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, said this on Monday in Abuja, at the 25th joint national briefing of the Presidential …
Read more »
COVID-19: We Are Now Focused On Kano – NCDCCOVID-19: We Are Now Focused On Kano – NCDC
Read more »
COVID-19: Buhari govt begins house-to-house search for victims in Kano - Daily Post NigeriaThe Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, on Monday, disclosed that it has activated 3,300 informers to carry out house-to-house search for people with
Read more »
COVID-19: 3,300 informers sent out on search for victims in Kano - PTFThe Presidential Task Force (PTF) on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic said it had activated some 3,300 of informers to carry out house-to-house search in Kano metropolis for sufferers of symptoms of the virus.
Read more »