Ogun government extends lockdown by 1 week

Nigeria News News

Ogun government extends lockdown by 1 week
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 GuardianNigeria
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 24 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 94%

“We have heard and seen the havoc that COVID-19 continues to wreck in other lands.”

Ogun Government says it is constrained to extend the existing lockdown in the state by one week.

According to the governor, people have shown disregard to laid down precautions against the pandemic, hence the need to take more drastic actions. “We have heard and seen the havoc that COVID-19 continues to wreck in other lands. Let us learn from these experiences,” he said. “Now, to preserve the lives of our people, we are persuaded to extend the currently modified lockdown, which has been slightly eased, for another one week alongside the current guidelines.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

GuardianNigeria /  🏆 1. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun extends lockdown in Ogun for another one weekCOVID-19: Dapo Abiodun extends lockdown in Ogun for another one weekGovernor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State has extended the COVID-19 lockdown in the state for another one week. Abiodun, last week, announced that the lockdown in Ogun would not end on May 4 as directed by President Muhammadu Buhari, saying it would be eased on May 10. Making a u-turn, Abiodun, at a press conference
Read more »

COVID-19: Ogun residents disobey Gov Abiodun's orders - Commissioner - Daily Post NigeriaCOVID-19: Ogun residents disobey Gov Abiodun's orders - Commissioner - Daily Post NigeriaThe Ogun State Commissioner for Environment, Abiodun Abudu-Balogun, has expressed worries that residents of the State do not obey the directives of
Read more »

COVID-19: Ogun discharges 6 patients, confirms 4 new casesCOVID-19: Ogun discharges 6 patients, confirms 4 new casesThe Government of Ogun State said six COVID-19 patients were discharged on Wednesday from its Isolation Centre in Ikenne, after each of them tested negative twice for the virus. The 6 patients, the government said have joined their families to continue living their normal lives. DAILY POST reports that this brings the total number of
Read more »

Ban on interstate travel: Ogun TRACE Corps warns officers sabotaging govt effort, reads riot actBan on interstate travel: Ogun TRACE Corps warns officers sabotaging govt effort, reads riot actThe Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement (TRACE) Corps, says it is aware that some of its operatives have been sabotaging efforts put in place by the state government to stop the influx of people into the state. DAILY POST recalls that Governor Dapo Abiodun has banned interstate travel to check rising cases of COVID-19
Read more »

Interstate movement: FRSC turns back 437 vehicles from Lagos, Ogun boundariesInterstate movement: FRSC turns back 437 vehicles from Lagos, Ogun boundariesThe Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), says it has turned back 437 vehicles from Ogun and Lagos States’ boundaries within two days while enforcing the Federal Government ban on interstate movements.
Read more »

FRSC turns back 437 vehicles from Lagos, Ogun boundariesFRSC turns back 437 vehicles from Lagos, Ogun boundariesThe Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), says it has turned back 437 vehicles from Ogun and Lagos States’ boundaries within two days...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 04:26:23