“Though it was the husband who alerted us, but it was an offence against the state and the Ministry of Justice will take appropriate actions against her at the right time.” Ekiti Katsina Coronavirus
The government also said that it had quarantined seven men who forcefully entered the state from Kano and three other females who came from Oyo State.The woman, who came from Katsina to visit her husband, a military man working in Ekiti State, was discovered to be COVID-19 positive after her husband alerted the task force when she started manifesting symptoms.
“Though it was the husband who alerted us, but it was an offence against the state and the Ministry of Justice will take appropriate actions against her at the right time,” she said. Besides, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Health, Dr. Jimlas Ogunsakin, revealed that seven people who returned to the state from Kano and three other females who forcefully entered Ekiti had been quarantined.
The Deputy Governor, Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi, in a statement yesterday by his Special Assistant , Odunayo Ogunmola, said security agencies had been empowered to scrutinise the goods being transported into the state to look out for persons who may be hiding to enter illegally and to ensure that illegal goods are not brought into the state.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID-19: Ekiti commences stricter checks of vehicles to stop illegal entries - Daily Post NigeriaThe Ekiti State Government has directed security agencies manning borders and checkpoints to henceforth carry out rigorous checks on vehicles conveying
Read more »
Covid-19: Ekiti to Prosecute Patient, Quarantines Seven Kano Returnees - THISDAYLIVEBy Victor Ogunje The Ekiti State Government has vowed to prosecute a Covid-19 patient who brought the disease from Katsina State despite the lockdown order and prohibition of interstate movements in the state. In a bid to prevent the importation of Covid-19 to Ekiti State, the government has also quarantined seven men who forcefully entered …
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti to sanction soldier's wife for sneaking in from KastinaThe Ekiti State Government has said the wife of a soldier who brought Covid-19 disease from Katsina state despite prohibition of interstate...
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti begins hunt for travellers hiding inside goods to gain entryThe Ekiti State Government has instructed security agencies at all the state's borders and checkpoints to henceforth carry out rigorous...
Read more »
Abducted Ekiti commissioner freed after 9 days in captivity – Daily TrustThe kidnappers of the Ekiti State Commissioner for Agriculture, Chief Olabode Folorunso, have released him to the embrace of his community in Iye-Ekiti after holding him for nine days. They kidnapped Chief Folorunso penultimate Sunday on Isan-Iludun road, Ekiti State, together with a woman, Bosede Taiwo, while they shot dead a councillor of Ilejemeje local …
Read more »
Federal Poly, Ado Ekiti, donates face masks to NUJ, others – Daily TrustThe Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, has donated 200 face masks to the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Ekiti State Council. The masks, produced by the institution’s Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and Vocational Studies (CEDVS), were said to have been made of quality materials “in line with health standard.” Presenting the mask to the Council, the …
Read more »