Covid-19: Ekiti to Prosecute Patient, Quarantines Seven Kano Returnees
The Ekiti State Government has vowed to prosecute a Covid-19 patient who brought the disease from Katsina State despite the lockdown order and prohibition of interstate movements in the state.
The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, who spoke in Ado Ekiti Wednesday, said the woman who came to visit her husband at a time there was a lockdown had committed an offence, which she said flagrantly violated the law of the state. “Let me also tell the public that all the patients in the isolation centre are stable and responding to treatment. And those who are persistently positive to testing are still being kept. With the level we have gone, we have nothing to worry about.
Also speaking, the Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Public Health, Dr. Jimlas Ogunsakin, revealed that seven people who returned to the state from Kano and three other females who forcefully entered Ekiti had been quarantined to contain the spread of the deadly scourge.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Katsina resident tests positive for COVID-19 in Ekiti - Daily Post NigeriaA resident of Katsina State, who came on a visit to Ekiti State has tested positive for COVID-19, thereby increasing the number of patients in the State
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti Govt Reviews Curfew, Lists Days For Businesses To OpenCOVID-19: Ekiti Govt Reviews Curfew, Lists Days For Businesses To Open
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti Deputy Gov denies non-users of face mask entry into his officeIt was a mild drama on Tuesday as the Ekiti State Deputy Governor, Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi turned back some visitors who did not wear face...
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti commences stricter checks of vehicles to stop illegal entries - Daily Post NigeriaThe Ekiti State Government has directed security agencies manning borders and checkpoints to henceforth carry out rigorous checks on vehicles conveying
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti begins hunt for travellers hiding inside goods to gain entryThe Ekiti State Government has instructed security agencies at all the state's borders and checkpoints to henceforth carry out rigorous...
Read more »
COVID-19: Ekiti to sanction soldier's wife for sneaking in from KastinaThe Ekiti State Government has said the wife of a soldier who brought Covid-19 disease from Katsina state despite prohibition of interstate...
Read more »