COVID-19: WHO reveals how African countries can escape 250 million infections, 190,000 deaths

Nigeria News News

COVID-19: WHO reveals how African countries can escape 250 million infections, 190,000 deaths
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 DailyPostNGR
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 9 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 7%
  • Publisher: 59%

The World Health Organization, WHO, regional office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, on Friday night listed four things African countries must do to avoid 250 million COVID-19 infections and 190,000 deaths this year. The UN health agency, in a tweet on its official Twitter page, said African countries must proactively expand the capacity to test,

The World Health Organization, WHO, regional office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, on Friday night listed four things African countries must do to avoid 250 million COVID-19 infections and 190,000 deaths this year.

“Africa could face as many as 250 million possible COVID-19 infections & 190,000 deaths if containment measures fail & the virus spreads uncontrollably.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyPostNGR /  🏆 11. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

WHO gives latest update on COVID-19 in African countriesWHO gives latest update on COVID-19 in African countriesThe World Health Organization, WHO, regional office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, has said that the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Africa has risen to over 75,000 in the past 24 hours. The UN health agency gave the update on its official Twitter account on Friday. According to the tweet, COVID-19 has killed 2,500
Read more »

Rivers Laments Death of COVID-19 Task Force Member - THISDAYLIVERivers Laments Death of COVID-19 Task Force Member - THISDAYLIVE· To build schools at site of demolished hotels · US-based Group hails state’s efforts to curtail spread of virus By Ernest Chinwo Rivers State Government has expressed sadness over the death of one of the members of the state COVD-19 task force attacked by suspected thugs at Prodest Hotel in Alode, Eleme Local Government …
Read more »

Edo Records One Death, Discharges 20 COVID-19 Patients | Sahara ReportersEdo Records One Death, Discharges 20 COVID-19 Patients | Sahara ReportersEdo Records One Death, Discharges 20 COVID19 Patients | Sahara Reporters This is the highest discharged cases so far recorded by the state since it recorded an index... GovernorObaseki said the late patient did not report early for treatment. READ MORE:
Read more »

Russia probes FT, NYT after COVID-19 death toll reportsRussia probes FT, NYT after COVID-19 death toll reportsRussia on Thursday launched a probe into the Financial Times and the New York Times after the newspapers said local authorities could be vastly under-reporting deaths from the coronavirus in the co...
Read more »

FG blames high death rate on COVID-19 fears - The Nation Nigeria NewsFG blames high death rate on COVID-19 fears - The Nation Nigeria NewsThe Federal Government is worried that there might have been a rise in the number of deaths not associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) since the outbreak
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 01:36:05