WHO seeks greater action against DRC Ebola epidemic
The World Health Organisation has called for more collaborative efforts from its partners to effectively address the ongoingSince last year, DRC has been witnessing an outbreak of Ebola disease. As at the last count by the international agency on August 27, there have been 2,997 cases of Ebola, with 1,998 deaths and 893 survivors.
Mr Ghebreyesus said: “Our commitment to the people of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is that we will work alongside them to stop the Ebola outbreak.“Our commitment also means strengthening health systems to give them all the other things they need. Building strong systems is what will protect people, communities and the world.”With a population of about 80 million, the country has more than four million displaced people.
“Everyone has a role to play and we each must be accountable for what we signed up to do, only then will we end this outbreak,” she said.So far, science seems to have been advancing from the outbreak as vaccines and new medications have been innovated to tackle the situation.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Nigeria seeks inclusion of traditional medicine in universities' curricula - Premium Times NigeriaThe event is expected to promote and showcase traditional herbal practitioners in Nigeria and their products to the world.
Read more »
2019 African Games: Nigeria’s Flying Eagles seek to break 46-year old jinx - Premium Times NigeriaAfter winning the gold medal in the women’s football event on Thursday at the ongoing African Games in Morocco, Team Nigeria
Read more »
Buhari seeks Japanese support to curb sea-piracy - Premium Times NigeriaThe two teams also sign a €50 million Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support humanitarian and development efforts in the country’s North-east region.
Read more »
Nigeria and Its Feeble Laws Against Sex Offenders, By Olabisi Deji-Folutile - Premium Times OpinionKenyan authorities last week came up with a policy to tackle the growing incidence of teenage pregnancy in the East African country. Under the new guideline, pregnant pupils must reveal the identities of those responsible for their pregnancies to their head teachers. It doesn’t matter whether sexual activity is consensual …
Read more »
BREAKING: Nigerian party chairman kidnapped in AbujaKenneth Udeze, the national chairman of Action Alliance, has been kidnapped by armed attackers, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.
Read more »
Premium Times Daily data-react-helmet=trueBreaking news, Investigations, Multimedia, Analysis, Opinion, Business, Sports & more... by Premium Times data-react-helmet=true
Read more »