WHO resumes COVID-19 trial on hydroxychloroquine
The Director-General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says it will resume its trial of hydroxychloroquine.The WHO had on May 25 suspended the clinical trials of hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 treatment because of safety concerns.
“This decision was taken as a precaution while the safety data were reviewed. The Data Safety and Monitoring Committee of the Solidarity Trial has been reviewing the data. “The Executive received this recommendation and endorsed the continuation of all arms of the Solidarity Trial, including hydroxychloroquine.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Nigeria is finished if governors take over COVID-19 battle – NMAThe Nigerian Medical Association says Nigeria will be finished if state governors are allowed to take over the COVID-19 battle in the country.
Read more »
No evidence COVID-19 losing potency -WHO - HealthwiseTessy Igomu The World Health Organization says there is no evidence to support an assertion made by a high-profile Italian doctor that the virus causing COVID-19 pandemic is losing potency. This position was strongly supported by other experts, who said the clinical findings in Italy, likely do not reflect any change in the virus itself. …
Read more »
COVID-19: Buhari govt releases new guidelines for religious gtheringsThe Nigerian government has released some guidelines for those wishing to attend churches and mosques. Recall that President Buhari finally lifted the ban on religious gatherings across the country. The ban was placed on religious gatherings for two months to check the spread of Coronavirus. However, at the briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF)
Read more »
India Approves Remdesivir for Treatment of COVID-19 Patients, Says It Slows Replication of Virus - THISDAYLIVEBy Martins Ifijeh India’s highest drug controller, Central Drug Control Standard Organisation (CDCSO), has approved the emergency use of Remdesivir on COVID-19 patients, saying it reduces replication of the virus in the body. Announcing this Tuesday, the agency said it had given permission to Gilead Sciences, makers of the drug, for marketing authorisation. It said: …
Read more »
LaLiga: Five Barcelona players ‘tested positive for COVID-19’Five of Barcelona's first-team players tested positive for COVID-19, but the news was not made public, RAC1 reports. The Catalan radio station made the accusation during its program, Tu Diras. The five players were not revealed during the broadcast, but it was claimed the positive tests came in towards the start of the crisis. Each
Read more »
COVID-19: Yahaya Bello must apologize to Kogi people for deceiving them – PDPThe Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has advised the Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, to apologize to people of the state for misleading them on COVID-19 pandemic. Recall that the Kogi State government had in May insisted that no resident tested positive for COVID-19 in the state. The state, however, recorded its index case last week
Read more »