Weapons Used In Saudi Attacks ‘Came From Iran’ – Coalition.
The weapons used to strike Saudi oil facilities were Iranian-made, the Riyadh-led coalition said Monday, heightening fears of regional conflict after the US hinted at a military response to the assault.
The Saudi-led coalition, which is bogged down in a five-year war in neighbouring Yemen, reiterated the assessment that the Huthis were not behind it, pointing the finger at Iran for providing the weapons. “This strike didn’t come from Yemen territory as the Huthi militia are pretending,” Maliki said, adding an investigation had been opened.
Oil prices saw their biggest daily gain since the 1991 Gulf War on Monday after the attacks halved output in the world’s top crude exporter, fuelling fresh geopolitical and growth fears. Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman on Sunday said the kingdom would use its vast inventories to partially compensate for the lost production, and the US also authorised the release of its reserves.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Iran Refutes US Accusations Over Saudi AttacksIran Refutes US Accusations Over Saudi Attacks
Read more »
Iran denies U.S. claim it was behind oil attack in Saudi ArabiaIran on Sunday denied accusations by Mike Pompeo, that it was responsible for a drone attack on major oil facilities in Saudi Arabia.
Read more »
Saudi's oil facilities drone attack destroys half of supply - Vanguard NewsNigeria News - Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi group said it attacked two plants at the heart of Saudi Arabia's oil industry on Saturday.
Read more »
Saudi Races To Restore Oil Supply After Strike Blamed On IranSaudi Races To Restore Oil Supply After Strike Blamed On Iran.
Read more »