The Federal Government on Thursday said although it had been under pressure to reopen schools amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, it would resist such pressure and blackmail.
The government also distanced itself from a report which quoted the Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, as describing the COVID – 19 pandemic as a sham.
But the Director, Press and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Health, Ben Goong, said Nwajiuba “was clearly quoted out of context as he never said so.” “The Ministry of Education reaffirms its commitment to the safety of Nigerian children and would, therefore, not do anything to compromise their safety. The Federal Government is aware of the damage coronavirus has caused to the lives of people and economies globally, including Nigeria. We will therefore not compromise an inch in this regard, no matter the blackmail.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Gov Ishaku Pleads With FG To Establish Testing Centre In TarabaGov Ishaku Pleads With FG To Establish Testing Centre In Taraba
Read more »
FG urged to invest more in health sectorMrs Ene Obi, Country Director, ActionAid Nigeria, has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to invest more in the public service, especially the health sector of the country. Obi made the cal…
Read more »
What new digital economy will do for Nigeria – FGThe Federal Government of Nigeria says a new five-year strategic plan on digital economy will actualise how telecoms and ICT can create thousands of jobs across the country. The Nigerian Communicat…
Read more »