The respondents maintained that despite the ban on Twitter, Nigerians have continued to use the site every day.....................
The Nigerian government has said it was not aware of the controversial tweet by President Muhammadu Buhari last month that was deleted by the microblogging site.
Joined as first to third respondents in the suit are the AGF, the Minister of Information, and the Federal Government. In the wake of the rampant insecurity in the south-eastern part of the country, the president had responded by tweeting that “Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Nigerians Still Using Twitter To Criticise Us, Government Tells Court | Sahara ReportersThe Federal Government also denied knowledge of Twitter deleting Buhari’s tweet on the Biafra civil which offended many Nigerians.
Read more »
We’ve not stopped Nigerians from using Twitter, FG tells courtThe Federal Government has told a Federal High Court in Lagos that it has not stopped Nigerians from using social media platform, Twitter
Read more »
Majority of Lagosians 'not aware' of Saturday LG polls - YIAGAThe group said 'there is a huge gap in communication between the Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC)...
Read more »
Address fundamental issues, Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho not Nigeria's problems - PDP chieftain tells FGEmeka Kalu, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the Southeast, has told the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration that the
Read more »
2023: Tinubu, Yahaya Bello should be PDP's headache not Buhari, says Sowunmi - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria
Read more »
I Don’t Want Your Kickbacks, Engage In CSR, Buhari Tells ContractorsPresident Muhammadu Buhari has pointedly told government contractors coming to him not to give him cheques as kickbacks but rather commit the money to
Read more »