Victoria records two new COVID-19 cases amid scramble to find source of Delta variant outbreak

Nigeria News News

Victoria records two new COVID-19 cases amid scramble to find source of Delta variant outbreak
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 SBSNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 14 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 9%
  • Publisher: 89%

Breaking Victoria has recorded two new local COVID-19 infections over the last 24 hours.

Contact tracers are racing to track down the source of two COVID-19 cases who have been infectious in the community.One of the pair had been a regular visitor to Craigieburn Central shopping centre and came forward for testing as a result of health department efforts to test heavily in the area.

"Seven positive cases entered the Craigieburn shopping centre on different days and contact tracers are working to ascertain the man's exact movements to see if they overlap with any of them," testing commander Jeroen Weimar said on Saturday.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SBSNews /  🏆 3. in AU

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Victoria records five new local COVID-19 cases as contact tracers chase down Delta outbreakVictoria records five new local COVID-19 cases as contact tracers chase down Delta outbreakBreaking: Victoria has recorded five new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours to midnight as contact tracers chase down the Delta strain detected in Melbourne’s inner-city outbreak. | davidestcourt Viclockdown Coronavirus
Read more »

Victoria records five new local COVID-19 cases as contact tracers chase down Delta outbreakVictoria records five new local COVID-19 cases as contact tracers chase down Delta outbreakVictoria has recorded five new local COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours to midnight as contact tracers chase down the Delta strain detected in Melbourne’s inner-city outbreak.
Read more »

Victoria records five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases as highly infectious Delta variant cluster growsVictoria records five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases as highly infectious Delta variant cluster growsThere are now nine cases of the highly infectious Delta variant in Victoria, which was first detected in India and is different from the Kappa variant that sparked the state’s latest outbreak.
Read more »

Victoria records four new local COVID-19 cases as state and Commonwealth reach quarantine facility dealVictoria records four new local COVID-19 cases as state and Commonwealth reach quarantine facility dealVictoria has reported four new locally-acquired cases of coronavirus as Acting Premier James Merlino says he's “very pleased” the federal government has agreed to support the state’s proposal for a dedicated quarantine facility.
Read more »

Victoria confirms new five cases of COVID-19 | Sky News AustraliaVictoria confirms new five cases of COVID-19 | Sky News AustraliaVictorian Health Minister Martin Foley announced five new local cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the state overnight.\n\n“There are currently five new locally acquired cases of coronavirus overnight since our last report bringing the total number of individual cases from the start of this outbreak to 70 and that includes one recovered case,” he said.\n\n“Three of these of the five are direct primary close contacts of existing cases, one case is the second child of the family of four linked to the North Melbourne outbreak whose result was indeterminate yesterday but has come through with repeat testing.”\n\nMr Foley said another case is a household contact of an Arcare care home worker, another is a primary contact from the West Melbourne group, and two more are “unlinked cases from the same household”.\n\nMr Foley said Victoria Health had recently been directing their efforts to look at “casual transmissions” from key areas across Melbourne City.\n\n“The focus of our efforts over the past day have been cast in a wide net around particularly that West Melbourne, North Melbourne outbreak and closely examining the incidents of casual transmission elsewhere across the Whittlesea and Port Melbourne outbreaks.”\n
Read more »

Victoria records five new local cases of COVID-19Victoria records five new local cases of COVID-19Victoria has recorded five new local cases of coronavirus, taking the outbreak total to 69. More than 36,000 test results were received overnight. Details: 9News
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 07:57:13