Dangerous weather conditions are forecast for parts of NSW and Victoria on Friday as the nation’s bushfire crisis worsens.
10/01/2020 Authorities in New South Wales have warned hot, dry and windy conditions could cause "erratic" bushfire behaviour as more than 100 fires continue to burn across the state. A severe fire danger warning is in place for Monaro Alpine, ACT, Southern Ranges and Eastern Riverina.
Residents in Victoria’s East Gippsland region have been told to leave immediately before an out-of-control grass fire closes in on the Combienbar area. There are currently two emergency warnings in Victoria, with the 'state of disaster' extended into the weekend. Premier Daniel Andrews announced earlier in the week he was extending the state of disaster ahead of dangerous fire conditions at the weekend.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Two bushfire emergency warnings issued for blazes in Victoria | Sky News AustraliaTwo emergency bushfire warnings for have been issued for fires in Victoria with the latest for a grass fire moving towards Combienbar in East Gippsland.\n\nThe fire is out of control and people are advised leaving now is the safest option, before conditions become too dangerous.\n\nAn emergency warning also remains in place for Abbeyard in Victoria's Alpine region. \n\nThe fire has crossed the Mount Emu Track and is burning in a north westerly direction. \n\nVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews extended the 'state of disaster' for another 48 hours, ahead of dangerous fire conditions on Friday. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »
Vic authorities warn residents to 'leave now' as fire conditions worsen | Sky News AustraliaWith fire conditions set to worsen this weekend, Victorian authorities have issued a stark warning to residents in East Gippsland and the state's Alpine region - where two emergency level fires are currently burning. \n\nResidents in Victoria’s East Gippsland region are being told to leave immediately before an out-of-control grass fire closes in on the Combienbar area. \n\nIn Abbeyard, in the state’s Alpine region, another blaze has crossed the Mount Emu Track and is burning in a north westerly direction. \n\nPremier Daniel Andrews announced earlier in the week he was extending the state of disaster ahead of dangerous fire conditions at the weekend. \n\nEmergency Services Commissioner Andrew Crisp said there was “every chance” of several fires connecting to create a mega blaze in the already fire-ravaged state. \n\nImage: Getty
Read more »
Dangerous weather conditions forecast across NSW, Vic | Sky News AustraliaDangerous weather conditions are forecast for parts of NSW and Victoria on Friday as the nation’s bushfire crisis continues. \n\nAuthorities in New South Wales have warned hot, dry and windy conditions could cause 'erratic' bushfire behavior as more than 100 fires continue to burn across the state. \n\nA severe fire danger warning is in place for Monaro Alpine, ACT, Southern Ranges and Eastern Riverina. \n\nResidents in Victoria’s East Gippsland region have been told to leave immediately before an out-of-control grass fire closes in on the Combienbar area. \n\nIn Abbeyard, in the state’s Alpine region, another blaze has crossed the Mount Emu Track and is burning in a north westerly direction. \n\nPremier Daniel Andrews announced earlier in the week he was extending the state of disaster ahead of dangerous fire conditions at the weekend. \n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »
Andrews extends Victoria's 'State of Disaster' into the weekend | Sky News AustraliaVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews has extended the state's first-ever state of disaster ahead of 'significant fire activity' on the weekend. \n\n'With hot weather and significant winds there is every reason to believe we are going to have more fire today, and of course tomorrow and potentially right into the weekend,' he said. \n\n'This is a really significant challenge for us… we’ve extended the state of disaster because we believe it will save lives.'\n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »
Andrews extends Victoria's 'State of Disaster' into the weekend | Sky News AustraliaVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews has extended the state's first-ever state of disaster ahead of 'significant fire activity' on the weekend. \n\n'With hot weather and significant winds there is every reason to believe we are going to have more fire today, and of course tomorrow and potentially right into the weekend,' he said. \n\n'This is a really significant challenge for us… we’ve extended the state of disaster because we believe it will save lives.'\n\nImage: News Corp Australia
Read more »