US suffers biggest job losses in history

Nigeria News News

US suffers biggest job losses in history
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 63%

US President Donald Trump along with members of the coronavirus take force meets with pharmaceutical executives in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday.

Photo: AFP

An unprecedented 20.5 million jobs were destroyed in April in the world’s largest economy, driving the unemployment rate to 14.7 per cent compared to 4.4 per cent in March, the Labor Department said in its monthly report, the first to capture the impact of a full month of the lockdowns. The plunge in nonfarm payroll employment last month was the largest ever recorded dating back to 1939, while the jobless rate saw its highest and biggest increase dating back to 1948, the report said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Another $319m Abacha loot in UK, France, says U.S.Another $319m Abacha loot in UK, France, says U.S.THE United States Embassy in Nigeria has confirmed the existence of another $319 million (about N124.4 billion) looted by former Head of State
Read more »

COVID-19: 270 Nigerians in US for repatriation SaturdayCOVID-19: 270 Nigerians in US for repatriation Saturday
Read more »

US singer Madonna tests positive for COVID-19US singer Madonna tests positive for COVID-19
Read more »

US military loses second drone in Niger RepublicUS military loses second drone in Niger Republic
Read more »

Abacha loot: Why we cannot squander $311m returned from US – PresidencyAbacha loot: Why we cannot squander $311m returned from US – PresidencyThe Presidency, through the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has explained why the returned $311million from the US cannot be squandered by the government. Adesina disclosed that even before releasing the money, the US government made it mandatory for President Muhammadu Buhari to state exactly what the fund will
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 09:15:49