UPDATED: Altered certificate: Tribunal orders Bayelsa D/Governor's appearance

Nigeria News News

UPDATED: Altered certificate: Tribunal orders Bayelsa D/Governor's appearance
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 TheNationNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 53 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 69%

The Bayelsa State Governorship Election Tribunal has ordered that the state's Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo...

The Bayelsa State Governorship Election Tribunal has ordered that the state’s Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo appears before it on Thursday to produce the original copy of his disputed certificate.

Although Ewhrudjakpo had, by a motion filed May 17, 2020 challenged the competence of the subpoena and prayed the tribunal to set it aside, his team of lawyers, led by Chukwuma Machukwu Ume , on Tuesday changed its mind and applied to withdraw the motion. Ruling, tribunal’s Chairman, Justice Ibrahim Sirajo struck out the motion and ordered Ewhrudjakpo’s appearance on Thursday.

It said Ewhrudjakpo allegedly effected the first alteration before writing to the NYSC on April 4, 2019 to effect another alteration, which was carried out last year. “Furthermore, the agency disclosed that the ‘O’ in the COE on Annexure 3 had bee tampered with to read ‘D’ EWHRUDJAKPA instead of EWHRUOJAKPA.

The DSS also wondered why the Bayelsa Deputy Governor only chose to write the NYSC on April 4, 2019 for the correction of a supposed typographical contained in the certificate issued in 1998 .*The typographical error was made about twenty-one years ago and since then subject did not deem it fit to correct it until an 4th April, 2019;

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheNationNews /  🏆 6. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Altered certificate: Tribunal orders Bayelsa D/Governor's appearance ThursdayAltered certificate: Tribunal orders Bayelsa D/Governor's appearance ThursdayThe Bayelsa State Governorship Election Tribunal has ordered that the state's Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo...
Read more »

Bayelsa: Produce your NYSC certificate – Tribunal orders Diri’s deputy, EwhrudjakpoBayelsa: Produce your NYSC certificate – Tribunal orders Diri’s deputy, EwhrudjakpoBayelsa Governorship Electoral Petition Tribunal has ordered the Deputy Governor, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo to appear on Thursday with the original copy of a disputed certificate. Ewhrudjakpo, formerly a Senator representing Bayelsa West, is the deputy to Governor Duoye Diri. The Bayelsa Tribunal sitting in Abuja gave the ruling on Tuesday. This followed a subpoena on Ewhrudjakpor
Read more »

DSS confirms ‘alteration’ in Bayelsa deputy governor’s NYSC certificateDSS confirms ‘alteration’ in Bayelsa deputy governor’s NYSC certificateAn investigation by the Department of State Service says the exemption certificate issued by the National Youth Service Corps to Bayelsa deputy governor Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo was altered at his instance
Read more »

JUST IN: DSS confirms alteration in Bayelsa Deputy Gov's certificateJUST IN: DSS confirms alteration in Bayelsa Deputy Gov's certificateThe Department of State Service (DSS) confirmed on Monday that its investigation revealed alteration in the exemption certificate..
Read more »

Executive Order: Governors have lost emperorship toga – BSOExecutive Order: Governors have lost emperorship toga – BSOThe Buhari Support Organisation (BSO), South-East zone, on Sunday, hailed President Muhammadu Buhari for signing the Executive Order 10, 2020. The order recently signed by the President granted financial autonomy to the state legislatures and the judiciary. The BSO believes it will stop state governors from wielding unnecessary powers. Ever since President Buhari signed the
Read more »

Bello locks down Kabba/Bunu LG for 14 daysBello locks down Kabba/Bunu LG for 14 daysKogi State Governor Yahaya Bello has ordered two weeks total lockdown of Kabba/Bunu Council, from midnight on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 over alleged cases
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 23:56:48