Two more Chibok girls rescued in Borno – Nigerian Army

Nigeria News News

Two more Chibok girls rescued in Borno – Nigerian Army
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 PremiumTimesng
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 78%

Shading more light on the rescued girls, the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Maiduguri, Shuaibu Waidi, who presented...

Christopher Musa, the Theatre Commander, North East of Joint Operation Hadin Kai, disclosed this to reporters in Maiduguri.

Mr Musa, who also announced the opening of a new camp for hosting repentant Boko Haram members that were surrendering, assured that the new camp was in a safe area where the military could secure it.Shading more light on the rescued girls, the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Maiduguri, Shuaibu Waidi, who presented them to the media, said they would be handed over to Borno State Government.

Mr Waidi said that Yana Pogu who is number 19 on the abducted Chibok girls list, was rescued on 29 September with four children; two boys and twin girls, in Mairari village, Bama Local Government Area , by troops of 21 Armoured Brigade, during a clearance patrol. “In the same vein, on Oct. 2, Rejoice Sanki, who is number 70 on the list of Chibok girls, was rescued with her two children by troops of 222 battalion in Kawuri area,” Mr Waidi said.He said that the rescued women were undergoing medical examination with their children for eventual handing over to the Borno government.So far, out of the 276 girls abducted by the terrorists in 2014, about 96 are still in captivity.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

PremiumTimesng /  🏆 3. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines



Render Time: 2025-04-07 00:38:12