“He has mild symptoms and has been self-isolating and working from a secure location off site,' the White House said. There is no risk of exposure...
The statement said Mr O’Brien, 54, who has been self-isolating and working from home has mild symptoms.“He has mild symptoms and has been self-isolating and working from a secure location off site.
“There is no risk of exposure to the president or the vice-president. The work of the National Security Council continues uninterrupted,” the statement read. According to the BBC, Mr O’Brien is the highest-ranking official in Mr Trump’s administration known to have tested positive, after Mr Pence’s press secretary Katie Miller, a military member who works as a White House vale and a helicopter squadron Marine.
It is not clear when Mr O’Brien and the president last met, but they appeared together two weeks ago on a trip to Miami, the BBC reported.According to Bloomberg, Mr O’Brien had been out of his office for a week and that the adviser had contracted the virus after a family event. Anyone near the president is tested regularly for COVID-19 but the lack of social distancing still raises concerns about the potential spread of the virus to other top-ranking officials.He replaced John Bolton as national security adviser last September after Mr Bolton left amid a fallout with Mr Trump.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
JUST IN: Trump’s National Security Adviser Tests Positive For COVID-19JUST IN: Trump’s National Security Adviser Tests Positive For COVID-19
Read more »
102 Nasarawa Health Workers Test Positive For CoronavirusMost Influential Newspaper in Nigeria
Read more »
Barca great Xavi tests positive for COVID-19 | The Nation NewsFormer Spain and Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez has tested positive for the coronavirus. The 40-year-old Xavi, now the coach of Qatari club
Read more »
Ekiti Attorney-General tests positive for COVID-19 - Daily Post NigeriaEkiti State Commissioner for Justice and Attorney-General, Wale Fapohunda has tested positive for the deadly coronavirus disease. Fapohunda, who disclosed
Read more »
Bolsonaro says he tested negative for COVID-19, two weeks after diagnosis | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsBrazilian President Jair Bolsonaro announced on Saturday he has tested negative for the new coronavirus more than two weeks after being diagnosed on July 7
Read more »