South Africa shuts schools as COVID-19 cases exceed 400,000
South Africa has again announced the closure of Public schools from next week as confirmed cases of coronavirus hit 408,052 in the country.
President Cyril Ramaphosa made the announcement during a nationwide address on Thursday, saying the decision was necessary in order to curb the spread of COVID-19. “In a bid to limit the spread of deadly disease in the country, public schools will be shut down for a month. “Cabinet has decided today that all public schools should take a break for the next four weeks,” he said.“Public Schools will therefore be closed from 27 July and scheduled to reopen on August 24,” Ramaphosa announced.So far, South Africa has recorded more than 6,000 COVID-19 related death cases since the outbreak of the pandemic.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Africa records 15,000 COVID-19 deaths – WHOWe are a quality, national, newspaper with credible and dependable information.
Read more »
South Africa Records 572 COVID-19 Deaths In One DaySouth Africa Records 572 COVID-19 Deaths In One Day
Read more »
South Africa records 572 COVID-19 deaths in 24-hours - Daily Post NigeriaSouth Africa, on Wednesday on recorded 572 coronavirus deaths in a single day. Health Minister, Zweli Mkhize, who made the announcement on his Twitter
Read more »
‘Nigeria, 4 other countries responsible for 80% of COVID-19 cases in West Africa’Five countries have been identified as being responsible for over 80 per cent of the COVID-19 cases in West Africa, the West African Health Organisation (WAHO) said. Addressing Members of ECOWAS Pa…
Read more »
Nigeria, four others responsible for 80% of COVID-19 cases in West Africa – WAHOWest African Health Organisation (WAHO) says Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and Guinea recorded 84,118 cases out of the 96,936 cases in the region.
Read more »