Russia mourns as toll from concert hall massacre climbs to 137

Nigeria News News

Russia mourns as toll from concert hall massacre climbs to 137
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 GuardianNigeria
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 46 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 94%

Russia observed a national day of mourning on Sunday after a massacre in a Moscow concert hall killed 137 people, the deadliest attack in Europe to have been claimed by the Islamic State jihadist group.

In this pool photograph distributed by the Russian state agency Sputnik, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin delivers his address in Moscow on March 23, 2024, the day after a gun attack on the Crocus City Hall in Krasnogorsk. – Camouflaged assailants opened fire at the packed Crocus City Hall in Moscow’s northern suburb of Krasnogorsk on March 22, 2024, evening ahead of a concert by Soviet-era rock band Piknik in the deadliest attack in Russia for at least a decade.

Russia’s Investigative Committee also said Sunday that guns and rounds of ammunition had been found both there and in a car that was used by the suspected gunmen to flee the scene. The video, which appears to have been filmed from the lobby of the concert venue, shows several individuals with blurred faces and garbled voices, firing assault rifles with inert bodies strewn on the floor and a fire starting in the background.

“People don’t smile… everybody feels the loss,” said 73-year-old Valentina Karenina, a pensioner standing on a street off Red Square. Putin on Saturday vowed “retribution and oblivion” to the “terrorists, murderers and non-humans” who carried out the “barbaric terrorist attack”. The Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos State, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, has confirmed that an accident claimed a mother and injured three of her children in Ikorodu area of Lagos.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

GuardianNigeria /  🏆 1. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: 137 kidnapped Kaduna school children freedBREAKING: 137 kidnapped Kaduna school children freedOne of President Bola Tinubu's spokespersons, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, in a Facebook post on Sunday said the children were successfully rescued.
Read more »

137 kidnapped Kaduna students freed137 kidnapped Kaduna students freedThe students kidnapped from their schools in Kuriga, Kaduna state, have been released by their abductors, governor said
Read more »

BREAKING: We rescued 137 kidnapped Kuriga schoolchildren in ZamfaraBREAKING: We rescued 137 kidnapped Kuriga schoolchildren in ZamfaraThe Defence headquarters has disclosed that the students from Kuriga in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State were rescued in Zamfara State. The Director of Defence Media Operations, Edward Buba, disclosed that 137 hostages were rescued. He disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.
Read more »

137 Abducted Kuriga Schoolchildren Rescued In ZamfaraThe statement said the rescued students will be handed over to the Kaduna State Government for further action.
Read more »

BREAKING: DHQ reveals how 137 abducted Kaduna students were rescued in ZamfaraBREAKING: DHQ reveals how 137 abducted Kaduna students were rescued in ZamfaraA Trusted Nigerian Newspaper
Read more »

JUST IN: Tinubu reacts to release of 137 abducted Kaduna schoolchildrenJUST IN: Tinubu reacts to release of 137 abducted Kaduna schoolchildrenA Trusted Nigerian Newspaper
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:08:56