Revised budget: Buhari retains N100bn for National Assembly’s constituency projects

Nigeria News News

Revised budget: Buhari retains N100bn for National Assembly’s constituency projects
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Federal Government has insisted on the N100bn Zonal Intervention Projects for the 469 senatorial districts and federal constituencies across the country.

This is contained in the 2020 revised federal budget which has been forwarded to the National Assembly for approval.Following the drop in the price of crude oil and a fall in the projected government revenue, it was learnt that the Federal Government decided to reduce the budget by N318bn.

“It is on record that in the past 10 years, N1 trillion has been appropriated for constituency projects, yet the impact of such huge spending on the lives and welfare of ordinary Nigerians can hardly be seen.”, however, reports that although the fund is tied to projects of lawmakers, they are often implemented by Federal Government agencies.

Both Buhari and Osinbajo cut down their original travel budgets by 0.684 per cent each, according to the document.About N2.8bn was also budgeted for the overhead cost and travel cost of the Presidential fleet.reports that Buhari has been known to travel frequently as he spent 404 days abroad between May 29, 2015 and April 20, 2019.

The Director-General, Budget Office, Ben Akabueze, said the funds were tied to statutory transfers which were dependent on the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Buhari, others observe Juma’at as Aso Rock mosque reopensBuhari, others observe Juma’at as Aso Rock mosque reopens
Read more »

JUST IN: Buhari attends congregational prayer at Villa mosqueJUST IN: Buhari attends congregational prayer at Villa mosquePresident Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday, joined the State House Juma'at congregational service.This was sequel to the reopening of the...
Read more »

2023 presidency: Bamgbose defends his choice of Yusuf Buhari as running mate2023 presidency: Bamgbose defends his choice of Yusuf Buhari as running mateBarrister Olusegun Bamgbose, Esq, the National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has defended his choice of Yusuf, son of President Muhammadu Buhari, as his running mate, come 2023 presidential election. Bamgbose had earlier in the week hinted on having Yusuf Buhari as his running mate in the race to the Presidential Villa. In
Read more »

Wole Soyinka told to apologise immediately over statement on BuhariWole Soyinka told to apologise immediately over statement on BuhariReno Omokri, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has urged Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, to 'apologise' for saying President Muhammadu Buhari was not in charge of Nigeria. DAILY POST had reported that Soyinka stated this during an interview on PlusTv Africa on Thursday. Soyinka said: 'I have said this before. I do not believe
Read more »

Buhari nominates Okonjo-Iweala for new appointmentBuhari nominates Okonjo-Iweala for new appointmentPresident Muhammadu Buhari has approved Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's nomination for the position of director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO). This was confirmed by one of Buhari's media aides, Bashir Ahmaad, on Twitter on Thursday night. The president initially nominated Nigeria's permanent representative to WTO, Yono Frederick Agah, for the same role. However Agah's candidacy has
Read more »

President Buhari not in charge in Aso Rock – SoyinkaPresident Buhari not in charge in Aso Rock – SoyinkaNobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari is not in charge of Nigeria. Soyinka stated this during an interview on PlusTv Africa on Thursday. He was reacting to an open letter written to the President by retired colonel and former Military Administrator of Kaduna, Umar Dangiwa. In the letter, Dangiwa accused Buhari
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 11:03:21