Report: Treason charges against Wagner leader not dropped despite 'pardon' by Russian govt | TheCable

Nigeria News News

Report: Treason charges against Wagner leader not dropped despite 'pardon' by Russian govt | TheCable
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 thecableng
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 80%

Yevgeny Prigozhin, leader of the Wagner Group, is still facing charges for his alleged attempted mutiny against President Vladimir Putin.

, a Russian state-owned media, also confirmed the report on Monday, citing a source close to the prosecutor general’s office.

However, less than 24 hours after the uprising began, Prigozhin ordered his fighters to stand down andA few hours after his statement, the Russian government said criminal charges against the Wagner leader had been dropped in a move that would see him move to Belarus. Peskov also said the pardon would be extended to other soldiers in the Wagner Group adding that they would be enlisted in the Russian military.

“The aim of the march was to avoid destruction of Wagner and to hold to account the officials who through their unprofessional actions have committed a massive number of errors” in the war with Ukraine.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

thecableng /  🏆 2. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Wagner crisis shows Ukraine war 'cracking Russian power' — EUWagner's aborted mutiny shows Moscow's war in Ukraine is splintering Russian power, the EU's top diplomat said Monday, warning instability in the nuclear-armed power is 'not a good thing'.
Read more »

Wagner Mercenary Leader, Prigozhin Says No Plans To Overthrow Russian President, Vladimir Putin | Sahara ReportersThe founder of the Wagner Group and leader of a “coup” against Russia, Yevgeny Prigozhin, has said that the “march” of his troops showed “serious” security issues in the country. Russia was on the brink of collapse over the weekend as the ruthless Wagner Group mercenaries rose up against the Kremlin. Putin's old pal Prigozhin tried to storm the capital - before abruptly calling off the attack after striking a deal with the Kremlin.
Read more »

US Spy Agencies Knew Of Dramatic Wagner Coup Attempt In Advance –Report | Sahara ReportersUS Spy Agencies Knew Of Dramatic Wagner Coup Attempt In Advance –Report | Sahara ReportersUS spy agencies had learned in mid-June about armed action being planned by Wagner mercenary group boss Yevgeny Prigozhin, said a report. There were “enough signals to be able to tell the leadership [in the US] that something was up”, a report by The Washington Post said, citing an unnamed US official. “So I think they were ready for it.” Meanwhile, Mr Prigozhin and his troops won’t face criminal charges over his attempted coup in Russia, the Kremlin said.
Read more »

Wagner troops advance on Moscow as Putin threatens brutal responseWagner troops advance on Moscow as Putin threatens brutal response“Any internal mutiny is a deadly threat to our state, to us as a nation. It’s a blow against Russia, against our people. And our actions to defend the fatherland from such a threat will be brutal,” Mr Putin promised.
Read more »

'To avoid bloodshed' -- Wagner leader ends rebellion, orders troops to retreat from Moscow | TheCable'To avoid bloodshed' -- Wagner leader ends rebellion, orders troops to retreat from Moscow | TheCableYevgeny Prigozhin, leader of the Wagner militia, has asked his troops to stand down from an insurrection that threatened Putin’s authority.
Read more »

Russia Drops Charges Against Wagner Chief After MutinyRussia Drops Charges Against Wagner Chief After MutinyRussia will drop charges against Yevgeny V. Prigozhin, the Wagner mercenary group.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 20:52:26