Protest: Despite threats you made it happen – Adegboruwa hails Nigerians

Adegboruwa News

Protest: Despite threats you made it happen – Adegboruwa hails Nigerians
Nigeria
  • 📰 DailyPostNGR
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 20 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 59%

A Senior lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa has hailed Nigerians for their courage in trooping en masse for the nationwide protest on Thursday, August 1, 2024. DAILY POST reports that Nigerians from all walks of life trooped out in various parts of the country in response to the call for protests to #EndBadGovernance in the country.

They did this despite the threats, intimidation and harassment by authorities of the ruling government and their security apparatus. 'The people came out in their large numbers to speak against the suffering, hunger and poverty imposed on them by the administration of President Tinubu,' Adegboruwa noted in a statement 'I salute the courage and resilience of all Nigeria ns. Even those who could not make it to the streets stayed at home in form of civil disobedience.

' He appealed to all security and law enforcement agencies to follow acceptable standards of handling civil protests, in such a way as to avoid bloodshed or loss of lives. 'The responsibility imposed upon all security agencies is to provide coverage for the peaceful protesters and to avoid all provocative actions that may escalate into uncomfortable fracas,' he said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyPostNGR /  🏆 11. in NG

Nigeria

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Reduce protest duration to one day, Adegboruwa pleads with youthsReduce protest duration to one day, Adegboruwa pleads with youthsNigeria's independent online newspaper
Read more »

IGP Egbetokun to meet Adegboruwa over August 1 protestIGP Egbetokun to meet Adegboruwa over August 1 protestThe Inspector General of Police, IGP, Kayode Egbetokun has invited a human rights lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa to a meeting in Abuja on Tuesday. Recall that last week, Adegboruwa had written to the police boss to provide police protection for protesters, under the Take It Back Movement.
Read more »

Adegboruwa: Telcos trying to frustrate protest by restricting internet accessAdegboruwa: Telcos trying to frustrate protest by restricting internet accessEbun-Olu Adegboruwa, SAN, says indications show that telecommunications companies are trying to frustrate the planned protest in the country.
Read more »

Telcos disconnecting subscribers to limit protest reach — AdegboruwaTelcos disconnecting subscribers to limit protest reach — AdegboruwaA human rights lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has accused telecommunication operators of attempting to sabotage the planned EndBadGovernance
Read more »

August 1 protest: Provide security for protesters — Adegboruwa writes police, DSSAugust 1 protest: Provide security for protesters — Adegboruwa writes police, DSSA human rights activist, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has notified the Inspector General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, and the Director of the Department of State Services, DSS, Yusuf Bichi, requesting protection over a planned protest by a group known as the Take It Back Movement.
Read more »

EndBadGovernance protest: Nigerians already winning – Oby Ezekwesili declaresEndBadGovernance protest: Nigerians already winning – Oby Ezekwesili declaresFormer Education Minister, Oby Ezekwesili has given an update on the ongoing nationwide protest. Ezekwesili said despite attempts by the Nigerian Government to muzzle the protest, Nigerians are already winning. She reminded the political class that no force on earth has ever successfully oppressed a set of people permanently.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:20:50