Presidency: We Won't Breach Agreement on Repatriated $311m Abacha Loot - THISDAYLIVE

Nigeria News News

Presidency: We Won't Breach Agreement on Repatriated $311m Abacha Loot - THISDAYLIVE
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 THISDAY LIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 48 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 51%

Presidency: We Won't Breach Agreement on Repatriated $311m Abacha Loot

The newly-repatriated $311 million recovered from the assets of the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, to Nigeria from the United States would be fully utilised as agreed, the Presidency assured the nation yesterday.

Presidential spokesman, Malam Garba Shehu, in a statement, said parts of the fund would be utilised for the execution of three major capital projects in accordance with federal government’s agreement with the US. “These funds have already been allocated, and will be used in full, for vital and decades-overdue infrastructure development: the Second Niger Bridge, the Lagos-Ibadan and Abuja-Kaduna-Kano expressways – creating tens of thousands of Nigerian construction jobs and local skills, which can then be useful in future projects.

He explained that without the earlier repatriated funds, the ongoing fight against COVID-19 would have been tough.He described the receipt of the funds as an attestation to the stronger relationship between Nigeria and the United States. “The latest return is a testament to the growing and deepening relationship between the government of Nigeria and the government of the United States.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

THISDAY LIVE /  🏆 14. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

How Buhari govt will use $311 million recovered Abacha loot -- PresidencyHow Buhari govt will use $311 million recovered Abacha loot -- PresidencyThe presidency says the return of the stolen money shows how the current government is trusted by other nations.
Read more »

How returned $311m Abacha loot ‘ll be spent - PresidencyHow returned $311m Abacha loot ‘ll be spent - PresidencyWe are a quality, national, newspaper with credible and dependable information.
Read more »

$311m Abacha loot already allocated – Presidency$311m Abacha loot already allocated – Presidency
Read more »

How returned $311m Abacha loot will be spent – Presidency – Daily TrustHow returned $311m Abacha loot will be spent – Presidency – Daily TrustThe Presidency yesterday said that the returned $311m Abacha loot had been allocated. A presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, in a statement, said the funds would be used “in full for vital and decades-overdue infrastructure development, including the second Niger Bridge, the Lagos-Ibadan and Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Expressways, thereby creating tens of thousands of Nigerian construction jobs and …
Read more »

BREAKING: Buhari govt receives $312m Abacha loot from US - Daily Post NigeriaBREAKING: Buhari govt receives $312m Abacha loot from US - Daily Post NigeriaAttorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has announced that the Nigerian government on Monday received $311,797,866 of
Read more »

UPDATED: FG gets $311m Abacha loot - The Nation NigeriaUPDATED: FG gets $311m Abacha loot - The Nation NigeriaThe Federal Government has received $311m looted by late Head of States, Gen. Sani Abacha.It said the loot was repatriated from the..
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 22:42:38