NYSC rejects 108 prospective corps members over questionable certificates
The State Coordinator of the scheme, Ladan Baba, said 1,700 prospective Corps members were deployed to the state but the office registered 1,592.
“The most worrisome is the fact that some of them did not undergo any academic pursuits but obtained certificates through illegal means with allegations that some did so in Kano and environs. He said a good number of the rejected corps members, however, were blocked online as a result of failure to defend their degrees as foreign-trained, after physical verification of their results.
The coordinator said the orientation objectives had been met by the corps members to a greater extent, and expressed gratitude to the state government for the recent reinstatement of the monthly allowance to corps members posted to the state and completion of the two major solar-motorised boreholes in the orientation camp.In his address, the state deputy governor, Nasiru Gawuna, pledged to ensure adequate security and welfare of corps members serving in the state.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
NYSC rewards doctor, geographer for Lagos projects - The Nation NewspaperA medical doctor, Saudat Ayomide Aminu and a Geographer, Babatunde Ajiwokewu, who completed their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in June were honoured during the closing ceremony of the three- week orientation programme for 2019 Batch B Stream II corps members at the Lagos camp on Monday. Dr Aminu was presented with N200,000 for donating …
Read more »
NYSC members serving in Anambra’s rural areas to get extra N10K monthly
Read more »
Anambra: Corps members relish cultural carnival – Daily TrustSome 2019 Batch ‘B’ Stream Two National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) members deployed in Anambra state have expressed happiness over cultural carnival on camp, which they described as beautiful experiences.
Read more »
Premium Times Daily data-react-helmet=trueBreaking news, Investigations, Multimedia, Analysis, Opinion, Business, Sports & more... by Premium Times data-react-helmet=true
Read more »
17 killed, seven kidnapped in violent attacks in Nigeria last week - Premium Times NigeriaPREMIUM TIMES reported that 53 people were killed and 73 abducted in August.
Read more »
Premium Times Daily data-react-helmet=trueBreaking news, Investigations, Multimedia, Analysis, Opinion, Business, Sports & more... by Premium Times data-react-helmet=true
Read more »