No plan to transfer power distribution to Siemens – Minister

Nigeria News News

No plan to transfer power distribution to Siemens – Minister
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 19 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Ministry of Power has said there is no plan to transfer the nation’s electricity distribution to a German company, Siemens.

The ministry, in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Communications, Mr Aaron Artimas, said it had become necessary to put the records straight on the minister’s briefing after the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.

The Minister of Power, Mr Saleh Mamman, was quoted as saying that a proposal had been submitted to the government on the problem of distribution and it was left to them to decide what to do. The minister explained that the government was concerned about the disproportion of the value chain and how to align this chain for optimum distribution of power.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Boko Haram/ISWAP: 'Terrorism would've been over if Obasanjo was president' - Fani-Kayode - Daily Post NigeriaBoko Haram/ISWAP: 'Terrorism would've been over if Obasanjo was president' - Fani-Kayode - Daily Post NigeriaFemi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister, has said the Boko Haram menace would have been over if ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo was still in power.
Read more »

Abacha loot: Malami reacts as US opposes Buhari govt's 'plan' to hand Atiku $100m - Daily Post NigeriaAbacha loot: Malami reacts as US opposes Buhari govt's 'plan' to hand Atiku $100m - Daily Post NigeriaNigeria's Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has dismissed United States' reported opposition to alleged plan by the President
Read more »

Buni flags off distribution of livelihood items to returnee IDPs – Daily TrustBuni flags off distribution of livelihood items to returnee IDPs – Daily TrustYobe State Governor Mai Mala Buni yesterday flagged off the distribution of the livelihood support materials to internally displaced persons in Gaidam, Gujba, Gulani and Yunusari Local Government Areas of the state. The distribution was in conjunction with the African Development Bank under the Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement, and Livelihood Improvement Support Project. The items consisted …
Read more »

StackPath
Read more »

Katsina electricity consumers reject tariff increase – Daily TrustKatsina electricity consumers yesterday rejected increase in power tariff insisting that corresponding increase in power supply must be the yardstick for any tariff increase. Various speakers at a public consultation on the extraordinary tariff review of the multiyear tariff order organised by Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) rejected out rightly any form of increase. One …
Read more »

Senators: Nigerian govt, 'directionless, lacks proper planning'Senators: Nigerian govt, 'directionless, lacks proper planning'Senators on Tuesday complained of poor national planning in Nigeria.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:08:53