No agreement yet with Fed Govt over subsidy removal – Labour

Nigeria News News

No agreement yet with Fed Govt over subsidy removal – Labour
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 TheNationNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 69%

Organised Labour said it has not reached an agreement with the Federal Government on its demands following the removal of subsidy on petroleum products.  The Labour Centre said all its demands have been harmonised and presented to the government for deliberation.    President of the Trade Union Congress(TUC) Festus Osifo said this when he appeared on Sunrise Daily on Channels Television.   He was joined on the show by the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Joe Ajaero on Tuesday.    Osifo said the items would be addressed at the June 19 meeting between the labour and government team.   The TUC President said: “We have not reached any agreement with the government. We have presented our demands to them and we expect that by our next meeting, we will harmonise, the government will tell us what they can do and we will also bring our own data to the table during the meeting.   “When we meet we are going to define each of those items and a timeline will be put on them. After…

on its demands following the removal of subsidy on petroleum products.

President of the Trade Union Congress Festus Osifo said this when he appeared on Sunrise Daily on Channels Television.Osifo said the items would be addressed at the June 19 meeting between the labour and government team. “When we meet we are going to define each of those items and a timeline will be put on them. After the meeting on June 19, the timelines of each items are going to be revealed.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheNationNews /  🏆 6. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: Nigerian Labour Congress Suspends Planned Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy | Sahara ReportersBREAKING: Nigerian Labour Congress Suspends Planned Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy | Sahara ReportersThe Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has suspended its planned strike over the hike in fuel price as a result of subsidy removal. SaharaReporters had earlier reported that the Nigerian government delegation again summoned the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC to a meeting at the Presidential Villa Abuja over the grievances emanating from the fuel subsidy removal. Meanwhile, at the end of the meeting, NLC announced that some measures had been put in place and an agreement was reached for the strike not to go on as planned.
Read more »

Why We Suspended Planned Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal –Nigeria Labour Congress | Sahara ReportersWhy We Suspended Planned Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal –Nigeria Labour Congress | Sahara ReportersThe Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has explained the reasons behind the suspension of its planned nationwide strike action over the recent hikes in fuel prices as a result of subsidy removal. SaharaReporters had reported that the union changed its direction after meeting with the delegates of the Nigerian government at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Monday. The union had announced that some measures had been put in place and an agreement was reached for the strike not to go on as planned.
Read more »

Fuel Subsidy: Nigerians Can No Longer Rely On Labour Movements, NLC, TUC, After Such Betrayal – House Of Reps Aspirant, Ayo Ademiluyi | Sahara ReportersFuel Subsidy: Nigerians Can No Longer Rely On Labour Movements, NLC, TUC, After Such Betrayal – House Of Reps Aspirant, Ayo Ademiluyi | Sahara ReportersA Labour Party’s House of Representatives aspirant from the Eti-Osa Federal Constituency, Lagos State, Ayo Ademiluyi has stated that the Nigerian masses can no longer depend on the labour unions – the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress – on the fight against the fuel subsidy removal. Ademiluyi added on Wednesday that the new betrayal by the NLC and TUC had only confirmed that their ideological acceptance of the fuel subsidy removal in the first instance, while claiming to be 'fighting for concessions'.
Read more »

Fuel Subsidy: Nigerian Labour Movement Has Credibility Problem; They Are In Bed With The System – Sowore | Sahara ReportersFuel Subsidy: Nigerian Labour Movement Has Credibility Problem; They Are In Bed With The System – Sowore | Sahara ReportersThe presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), Omoyele Sowore, has lambasted the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC), saying that most labour movements in the country have credibility problem as most of them are in bed with the system. Sowore said this while speaking in an exclusive interview on MIC ON following the NLC and TUC earlier announcement of Wednesday planned nationwide strike action over the removal of fuel subsidy.
Read more »

Subsidy: Dialogue with FG, Oluwo urges labour unionsSubsidy: Dialogue with FG, Oluwo urges labour unionsOluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, has appealed to the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress to embrace
Read more »

BREAKING: Fuel subsidy: NLC, TUC suspend planned nationwide strikeBREAKING: Fuel subsidy: NLC, TUC suspend planned nationwide strikeThe Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, have suspended planned national strike over fuel subsidy removal. The Chief of Staff
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:08:52