New Resolution On Pandemic Truce Presented To UN Security Council

Nigeria News News

New Resolution On Pandemic Truce Presented To UN Security Council
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 channelstv
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 36 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 63%

New Resolution On Pandemic Truce Presented To UN Security Council

In this file photo, The United Nations flag is seen during the Climate Action Summit 2019 at the United Nations General Assembly Hall on September 23, 2019, in New York City. Ludovic MARIN / AFP.Germany and Estonia submitted Tuesday a resolution to the UN Security Council on a ceasefire in various conflicts around the world during the coronavirus pandemic, to replace one drafted by France and Tunisia that the United States has blocked.

As in the French-Tunisian resolution, the new proposal calls for a “humanitarian pause for at least 90 consecutive days” in order to allow for the delivery of aid to the hardest-hit communities. One of the diplomats, speaking on condition of anonymity, said China declared in the meeting that it backed swift action in the council.At the end of last week, Beijing and Washington both denied responsibility for the breakdown of negotiations led by Paris and Tunis.

Washington had threatened to use its veto if there were any explicit reference to the World Health Organization, which President Donald Trump has accused of downplaying the seriousness of the virus outbreak that began in China.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

channelstv /  🏆 7. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ogun records 1 new COVID-19 death, confirms 2 new casesOgun records 1 new COVID-19 death, confirms 2 new casesThe Ogun State government has said that the number of those who died of COVID-19 in the state has increased from 4 to 5. This is as the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), announced 2 new cases of the virus in the state. Confirming the NCDC report, the Ogun State Government disclosed that the
Read more »

President Buhari approves new appointmentPresident Buhari approves new appointmentPresident Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Prince Paul Ikonne as the National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA)'s Executive Secretary. This was confirmed in a statement by Director of Information, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Willie Bassey. The appointment is for an initial period of five years and effective
Read more »

Anambra suspends Imoka festival as Awka new lunar year beginsAnambra suspends Imoka festival as Awka new lunar year beginsAnambra State government has suspended this year’s Imoka festival of Awka people, citing Federal Government’s curfew and the directive on public gatherings
Read more »

BREAKING: Kaduna records 13 new cases of COVID-19BREAKING: Kaduna records 13 new cases of COVID-19Kaduna State on Monday recorded thirteen new cases of the CoronavirusGovernor Nasir El-Rufai in a tweet, announced that there are 92 active cases
Read more »

China sacks official over new coronavirus cases in WuhanChina sacks official over new coronavirus cases in WuhanWe are a quality, national, newspaper with credible and dependable information.
Read more »

BREAKING: Buhari unveils Gambari as new Chief of StaffBREAKING: Buhari unveils Gambari as new Chief of StaffPresident Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in Abuja chaired the maiden virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), where he...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 00:35:10