National theatre to be revamped with creative hubs, in 22 months – Lai Mohammed vanguardnews
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed says the National Art Theatre in Lagos will be revamped with creative hubs of four clusters – film, music, fashion and IT- in 22 months.Mohammed said that as part of the efforts to reposition the creative industry, the Federal Government recently handed over the national theatre to the Central Bank of Nigeria to renovate.
The minister clarified that they were not giving out the national theatre edifice to the CBN, but it would be returned back to government after the renovation. “In return for revamping the national theatre, we gave them the fallow land around the edifice where they will develop. The minister said the essence of the partnership is to create job opportunities for the youths in the creative sector and the project will be realised in scheduled time of 22 months.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Man, 22, commits suicide over girlfriendPolice in Kano have confirmed the death of a 22-year-old man, Ashiru Musa, who reportedly stabbed himself when his girlfriend married another man. Musa was said to have stabbed himself when he lear…
Read more »
22 killed in Mali minibus accidentTwenty-two people were killed and 21 were wounded in southern Mali on Tuesday when a minibus collided with a dump truck, the transport ministry said.
Read more »
Local Government Elections To Hold In Ondo August 22 | Sahara ReportersThe commission had previously fixed December 18, 2018 and April 18, 2020 for the exercise but postponed it due to some factors including the outbreak of Coronavirus.
Read more »
Ondo holds LG election Aug 22
Read more »
Ondo fixes August 22 for council polls- The NationThe Ondo State Independent Electoral Commission (ODIEC) has fixed August 22, 2020 for the conduct of local government election in..
Read more »
COVID-19: Ogun discharges 22 patients, confirms 17 new cases - Daily Post NigeriaAt least, 22 COVID-19 patients were discharged on Monday, the Ogun State Government has announced. Also, 17 new cases of coronavirus were discovered in
Read more »