Mozambique Reporter Still Missing As Authorities Offer No Help

Nigeria News News

Mozambique Reporter Still Missing As Authorities Offer No Help
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 channelstv
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 39 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 63%

Mozambique Reporter Still Missing As Authorities Offer No Help

Media rights groups have been pressuring the Maputo government to help locate a Mozambique journalist who went missing one month ago in jihadist-hit Cabo Delgado province, as friends and relatives begin to fear the worst.

The journalist, who is in his thirties, reported on daily life in Palma, including the insurgency — which the government had denied until late last month. “We have no information about him yet,” police spokesman Augusto Guta told AFP on Friday. “As soon as we know something we’ll tell the press.” “MISA Mozambique triggered a series of processes to locate and release the journalist, including addressing a letter to President Nyusi,” the group said in a statement.According to the statement, police sources told MISA that Mbaruco was “taken by military personnel” to “interrogation barracks” in the northern Mueda district.

Froger, who also drew parallels between Mbaruco and Abubacar, added that all possibilities were still being considered.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

channelstv /  🏆 7. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: Two COVID-19 Patients Die In Lagos | Sahara ReportersHe added that the total number of confirmed infections in Lagos had increased to 1,324.
Read more »

We’re Ready For Orji Kalu’s Retrial –EFCC | Sahara ReportersIn 2019, a Federal High Court in Lagos convicted the Senate Chief Whip of N7.1bn fraud and was subsequently sentenced to 12 years in prison after standing trial on 39-count charge preferred against him by the EFCC.
Read more »

50 Persons Missing, 300 Injured in Anambra Communal Clash - THISDAYLIVE50 Persons Missing, 300 Injured in Anambra Communal Clash - THISDAYLIVEDavid-Chyddy Eleke in Awka At least 50 people were reportedly missing in Anambra State communities of Omor and Umubo in Ayamelum Local Government Area after a communal crisis between both communities. Also, about 300 persons from both communities, mainly farmers, were also said to have been injured during the crisis, resulting from a disagreement over …
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 14:52:49