Following threats and attacks by bandit leader Bello Turji, military forces have been deployed to protect communities in Zamfara State. Turji had threatened to attack several communities if his detained relatives were not released.
A few days after bandits' kingpin Bello Turji attacked some communities in Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara State , military troops have taken over the areas to protect the communities. It was also reported that followers of the bandit leader reportedly invaded the Shinkafi Market, killed two traders, and abducted scores of residents.
Turji had threatened to attack communities in Shinkafi Local Government Area in Zamfara State on New Year's Day if his relatives detained by the military were not released by December 31, 2024. In a video clip released last week, Turji threatened to attack Shinkafi and Zurmi communities in Zamfara and Isah in Sokoto State if his relatives arrested by Nigerian troops were not freed before his deadline of December 31, 2024. This prompted some Fulani leaders in Shinkafi, Moriki, and Zurmi in Zamfara State to call for a meeting with the terrorist kingpin to beg him to allow peace to reign. The leaders were said to have pleaded with Turji for a cessation of abductions and killings, emphasizing their devastating impacts on Zamfara and the neighboring Sokoto State. They allegedly informed him that his planned attacks on the communities could lead to reprisals against innocent Fulani on market days. The bandits also attacked travelers from Shinkafi to Gusau, which has forced villagers to abandon the route for fear of being attacked. A resident of Shinkafi, who pleaded anonymity, said that a few hours before the peace meeting organized by the Fulani leaders, the bandits — suspected to be Turji’s boys — ambushed two vehicles at Chitti village near Shinkafi on Tuesday evening, December 31, 2024. The occupants, including the two drivers, were reportedly abducted, and one of the vehicles was burnt. Similarly, on Wednesday, January 1 (New Year’s Day), another attack was launched on some communities in Bafarawa, in Isah Local Government Area of Sokoto State
Banditry Security Zamfara State Bello Turji Military Deployment
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Bandit Leader Turji's Threats Spark Panic in Zamfara and SokotoAlhaji Sani Abdullahi Shinkafi, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Zamfara State, has urged President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to address the serious threats issued by bandit leader Bello Turji. Turji, in a recent video, dared security forces to release his cousin and vowed to intensify attacks on towns and villages in Zamfara and Sokoto states, including the revival of kidnappings for ransom. This has led to heightened tension and villagers fleeing to major towns for safety. Shinkafi called for a coalition of stakeholders to meet with President Tinubu and demand intervention, warning that the government has a responsibility to protect its citizens and that inaction against these bandits amounts to a conspiracy.
Read more »
Zamfara APC Leader Urges Tinubu to Act Against Bandit Leader TurjiAlhaji Sani Abdullahi Shinkafi, a prominent APC member in Zamfara state, has called on President Tinubu to take immediate action against the threats issued by notorious bandit leader Bello Turji, who demanded the release of his brother and threatened attacks on several towns and villages.
Read more »
Military Labels Bello Turji 'Dead Man Walking' After Terror ThreatsThe Nigerian military has responded to threats from notorious terrorist commander Bello Turji, promising to eliminate him and urging Nigerians to disregard terrorist propaganda.
Read more »
‘He’s a dead man walking’ — military threatens to eliminate Bello TurjiThe Nigerian military has declared Bello Turji, a notorious terrorist and bandit leader, a “dead man walking.”
Read more »
Nigeria's Military Vows to Eliminate Notorious Bandit Leader TurjiThe Director of Defence Media Operations, Edward Buba, stated that the Nigerian military will continue its relentless campaign against banditry and terrorism, targeting notorious bandit leader, Mr. Turji. Buba assured the public that Turji's fate is sealed, stating that he is 'merely a dead man walking' and will soon be eliminated like other terrorist leaders who have been neutralized in recent months.
Read more »
Bandit Bello Turji counters Nigerian military over arrests, threatens reprisals on villagersMr Turji also blamed the arrest on intelligence provided by the residents of the areas, whom he said would face the consequences of their actions.
Read more »