Merck seeks first US authorization for COVID-19 tablet

Nigeria News News

Merck seeks first US authorization for COVID-19 tablet
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 cebudailynews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 71%

Merck & Co Inc said on Monday it has applied for U.S. emergency use authorization for its tablet to treat mild-to-moderate patients of COVID-19, putting it on course to become the first oral

Merck & Co Inc said on Monday it has applied for U.S. emergency use authorization for its tablet to treat mild-to-moderate patients of COVID-19, putting it on course to become the first oral antiviral medication for the disease.

The treatment, molnupiravir, cut the rate of hospitalization and death by 50% in a trial of mild-to-moderately ill patients who had at least one risk factor for the disease, according to data released earlier this month. The drugmaker has a U.S. government contract to supply 1.7 million courses at a price of $700 per course. Merck expects to produce 10 million courses of the treatment by the end of 2021.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

cebudailynews /  🏆 8. in PH

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

NBA: Celtics guard Brown out after contracting COVID-19NBA: Celtics guard Brown out after contracting COVID-19Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown is in quarantine after testing positive for COVID19, the NBA club announced.
Read more »

Time to lower Covid-19 alert level - ConcepcionTime to lower Covid-19 alert level - ConcepcionThe steady decline of Covid-19 infections in the National Capital Region (NCR) should prompt government officials to further ease quarantine restrictions in time for the holiday...
Read more »

Boston Celtics guard Brown out after contracting Covid-19Boston Celtics guard Brown out after contracting Covid-19NEW YORK: Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown is in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19, the NBA club announced.Brown, who tested positive on Friday but remains...
Read more »

Manila archbishop Advincula recovers from COVID-19Manila archbishop Advincula recovers from COVID-19The archbishop of Manila Jose Cardinal Advincula says he has recovered from COVID-19, after contracting the virus last month.
Read more »

Cardinal Advincula recovers from COVID-19Cardinal Advincula recovers from COVID-19Manila Archbishop Jose Cardinal Advincula announced that he has already recovered from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Read more »

PH fully vaccinates 23.18 million Filipinos vs COVID-19PH fully vaccinates 23.18 million Filipinos vs COVID-19The Philippines has fully vaccinated some 23.18 million Filipinos against COVID-19 as of Sunday, according to government data.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 04:06:18