Lagos State Governor Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu has approved N1.157 billion for the payment of accrued pension rights to 368 public service retirees.
The new Director-General, Lagos State Pension Commission Mr. Babalola Obilana made this known while given update on payments of pension for last month.
He lauded the governor for his commitment to ensuring that retirees got paid their terminal entitlements promptly.He said: “To ensure the safety of beneficiaries in view of the Covid-19 pandemic, all bond certificates for May have been released to the Pension Fund Administrators who will invite beneficiaries in their ten’s for the exit meeting and grant access to their Redemption Savings Account for the computation of their lump sum and monthly pension.
He assured retirees that he would improve on the accomplishments of his predecessor, Mrs. Folashade Onanuga. Obilana said retirees that were yet to collect their bond certificates would be paid soon, as payments are structured based on date of exit and grade level.He advised retirees to be careful how they invested their money, so that they could live a stress-free life in old age.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Fuel marketers’ profits drop to N3.58bn, two suffer N1.57bn loss|h4 style=
Read more »
45 More COVID-19 Patients Recover In Lagos45 More COVID-19 Patients Recover In Lagos
Read more »
Lagos Assembly, Ogun gov, visit Osinowo’s family|p style=
Read more »
Two Indians nabbed at Lagos airport for illegal entryThe Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) command of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has intercepted two Indian nationals for illegally entering the country without proper documentation. Read more:
Read more »
Coronavirus: Lagos discharges 45 more patientsForty five patients were discharged from Lagos State isolation facilities on Sunday, following their full recovery from coronavirus.
Read more »
Lagos discharges 45 new COVID-19 patient - The Nation NigeriaThe Lagos Ministry of Health has announced the discharge of 45 recovered patients from its facilities. In a tweet from its official account ...
Read more »