Lagos issues 48hr quit notice to FG Ikoyi Towers’ illegal squatters

Nigeria News News

Lagos issues 48hr quit notice to FG Ikoyi Towers’ illegal squatters
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 vanguardngrnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 24 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 75%

Lagos State Government has issued a 48 hours ultimatum to illegal squatters at abandoned Ikoyi Towers, Lagos Island to evacuate.

The State Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Mr. Tokunbo Wahab, gave the notice on Saturday, during an inspection of some identified sites, including the abandoned Federal Government property, Ikoyi Towers.

Wahab said the quit notice has become necessary to protect lives which is the primary function of any responsible and responsive government. “Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu is passionate about the well-being and safety of all citizens and would spare nothing to ensure these ate achieved.” One of the occupants, who simply identified himself as Mallam Abubakar, from Ilorin, Kwara State, said he is a Police Spy, and moved into the building in November 2023.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

vanguardngrnews /  🏆 5. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Lagos govt uncovers fresh apartments under bridge in IkoyiLagos govt uncovers fresh apartments under bridge in IkoyiAs part of the ongoing demolition of illegal structures, the Lagos State government has uncovered another set of apartments under a bridge located in the highbrow area of Ikoyi, Lagos State.
Read more »

London-to-Lagos Solo Driver Pelumi Nubi Arrives in LagosLondon-to-Lagos Solo Driver Pelumi Nubi Arrives in LagosThe Lagos State Government has honored Nigerian-British woman Pelumi Nubi, who did a solo drive from London to Lagos.
Read more »

Excitement as Lagos receives solo London-Lagos driverExcitement as Lagos receives solo London-Lagos driverThe Nation Newspaper Excitement as Lagos receives solo London-Lagos driver
Read more »

Landmark, FG, Lagos in talks over rerouting Lagos-Calabar coastal road projectLandmark, FG, Lagos in talks over rerouting Lagos-Calabar coastal road projectA major tripartite talk has begun between Landmark Group, Federal Ministry of Works and Lagos authorities on the rerouting of about 1.5km
Read more »

Excitement as Lagos receives solo driver from London to LagosExcitement as Lagos receives solo driver from London to LagosThe Nation Newspaper Excitement as Lagos receives solo driver from London to Lagos
Read more »

Lagos State Governor honours London-Lagos solo driver with new car, houseLagos State Governor honours London-Lagos solo driver with new car, houseLagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Monday, received travel content creator, Pelumi Nubi, at the Government House, following her arrival in Lagos on Sunday after 68 days of driving solo from London. DAILY POST recalls that the content creator had earlier announced that she would be driving from London to Lagos some months ago.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:53:42