Kaduna gov speaks on ‘ransom payment’ for 137 schoolchildren

Nigeria News News

Kaduna gov speaks on ‘ransom payment’ for 137 schoolchildren
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 NigeriaNewsdesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 63%

A Trusted Nigerian Newspaper

Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has described the allegation on the payment of ransom to free the abducted Kuriga students as irrelevant.

The schoolchildren were abducted from LEA Primary School and Government Secondary School, Kuriga, about four weeks ago but the Defence Headquarters, on Saturday, said they had been rescued. “For me, what is more important is that those children are back home. Their parents are extremely happy and what is important to them is to reunite with their children.

The governor explained that the government handled the Kuriga schoolchildren abduction very discreetly, adding: “We tried as much as possible not to jeopardise the lives of the innocent children. Some people at some point wanted to politicize the whole incident.”

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

NigeriaNewsdesk /  🏆 10. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: 137 kidnapped Kaduna school children freedBREAKING: 137 kidnapped Kaduna school children freedOne of President Bola Tinubu's spokespersons, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, in a Facebook post on Sunday said the children were successfully rescued.
Read more »

137 kidnapped Kaduna students freed137 kidnapped Kaduna students freedThe students kidnapped from their schools in Kuriga, Kaduna state, have been released by their abductors, governor said
Read more »

BREAKING: DHQ reveals how 137 abducted Kaduna students were rescued in ZamfaraBREAKING: DHQ reveals how 137 abducted Kaduna students were rescued in ZamfaraA Trusted Nigerian Newspaper
Read more »

JUST IN: Tinubu reacts to release of 137 abducted Kaduna schoolchildrenJUST IN: Tinubu reacts to release of 137 abducted Kaduna schoolchildrenA Trusted Nigerian Newspaper
Read more »

How 137 Kaduna school students were rescued – Defence HeadquartersHow 137 Kaduna school students were rescued – Defence HeadquartersThe Defence Headquarters says justice awaits the abductors of tha Kaduna students.
Read more »

137 Schoolchildren Were Abducted, Not 287 — Kaduna Gov Says Upon Pupils’ ReleaseThe Latest News from Nigeria and Around the World
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 02:39:58