Heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr promised on Wednesday that history would repeat itself when he takes on Anthony Joshua in December’s controversial rematch in Saudi Arabia.
Ruiz goes into the bout trying to defend the IBF, WBA and WBO titles he sensationally took from British fighter Joshua in New York in June.
“December 7, I’m going to make another history and I’m going to win here in the same fashion that I won June 1.” “Andy is champion now. That will last until December 7 when he puts his titles in the air,” said Joshua.The event is mired in controversy as the Saudis have faced intense diplomatic fallout over last year’s murder of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the conservative kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
What Andy Ruiz Jr told Anthony Joshua during face-to-face meeting in Saudi Arabia - Daily Post NigeriaAndy Ruiz Jr on Wednesday, warned Anthony Joshua, that he wants more than '15 minutes of fame', when they met at a press conference in Saudi Arabia. The bo
Read more »
What Andy Ruiz Jr told Anthony Joshua during face-to-face meeting in Saudi Arabia - Daily Post NigeriaAndy Ruiz Jr on Wednesday, warned Anthony Joshua, that he wants more than '15 minutes of fame', when they met at a press conference in Saudi Arabia. The bo
Read more »
Xenophobic attack: Unknown youths burnt down MTN office in IbadanIn what appears to be a protest against xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa, some yet-to-identified arsonist have set ablaze an MTN..
Read more »
UN chief urges funding for Sahel states | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsUnited Nations chief Antonio Guterres on Tuesday suggested the UN help fund the fight against jihadism in the Sahel, warning 'we are not winning the war against terrorism' in the frail region.
Read more »
Xenophobic attacks, a blot on Nigerian, South African history —Atiku
Read more »