Forgery: Court issues bench warrant for arrest of 2 Sri Lankans vanguardnews
A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory High Court at Maitama, on Wednesday, issued a bench warrant for the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, to arrest two nationals of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
They were accused of forging the passports, national identity card and driving license of the Republic of Malaysia, in connivance with their Nigerian partner, Anthony Adetokunboh.A statement that was signed by spokesperson for the Commission, Mrs. Rasheedat Okoduwa, disclosed that the trio were scheduled to appear before the court on allegations bordering on forgery of travel documents and criminal conspiracy.
Their lawyer, Nonso Nzedebe, told the court that his clients were aware that the matter was scheduled for arraignment, saying he was not notified of any reason for their absence in court.The prosecution counsel, Eniekan Ekong, had earlier prayed the court to grant the Commission a bench warrant for their arrest to compel them to attend their trial.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Nigeria Senate introduces bill to legalise virtual court proceedingsA constitution alteration bill seeking to legalise virtual court proceedings has been introduced to the Senate.
Read more »
Supreme Court affirms Ifeanyi Ubah’s election as Anambra South senatorThe Supreme Court on Tuesday affirmed the election of Ifeanyi Ubah of Young Progressives Party (YPP) as duly elected to represent Anambra South
Read more »
Court declines to stop Ihedioha’s probe - The Nation Nigeria NewsFormer Imo State Governor Emeka Ihedioha yesterday lost his bid to restrain the House of Assembly from probing the alleged mismanagement
Read more »
ECOWAS court resumes proceedings May 13 – Daily TrustThe ECOWAS Community Court of Justice says it will resume its activities on Wednesday May 13...
Read more »
Court orders forfeiture of ex-presidential fleet commander’s N510m
Read more »
Court dismisses N100m alleged rights abuse suit against IGP, firmJustice Ayokunle Faji, while ruling on the matter, also turned down the plaintiff’s request for a declaration that his arrest and detention between June 6 and 7, 2018 Lawsuit Police Nigeria
Read more »