Five male friends have allegedly raped an 18-year-old girl in the Narayi community of Kaduna State.
Our correspondent gathered that while two of the suspects were arrested, the police had allegedly refused to apprehend the others.learnt that the families of the two arrested suspects had been mounting pressure on the victim’s family to drop the case and reportedly offered her mother N15,000 each as damages.She said, “On April 27, 2020, one of the victim’s male friends called her to come and meet him somewhere. When she got there, she met two other girls and six boys.
“She trusted them and stayed back; they offered her alcohol, which she declined, but they coerced her into taking it after which she lost consciousness. Five of the boys raped her, while the sixth kept threatening his friends to stop or he would report them, but he never did. “The case was transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department and since then, the police have not arrested the three other boys or invite their parents to the station. The police are making no effort at all to arrest the suspects or question their parents.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Jalige, who denied the claim that the police were frustrating the matter, said a manhunt had been launched for the other suspects.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Kano, Kaduna provide COVID-19 status of hundreds of returned almajirisKaduna had over 600 repatriated almajirai in quarantine and is awaiting over 200 more from Plateau State
Read more »
Kaduna Govt Declares Two Run-Away COVID-19 Patients WantedKaduna Govt Declares Two Run-Away COVID-19 Patients Wanted
Read more »
Kaduna announces two new COVID-19 deaths
Read more »
Coronavirus: Kaduna govt begs patients who fled after testing positive to returnThe Kaduna State Government has appealed to persons who tested positive for coronavirus to report at its isolation centre for treatment. The state\u2019s Commissioner for Health, Dr Amina Mohammed-Baloni made the appeal on Sunday while briefing journalists in Kaduna. The commissioner said that the call was necessary stating that two people who were in isolation
Read more »
COVID-19 claims 2 more patients in Kaduna – Daily TrustKaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El Rufai, has announced two deaths from the COVID-19 pandemic, a little over a week after the state ann...
Read more »
Fleeing COVID-19 patients tracked, moved to isolation centre in Kaduna – Daily TrustSecurity agents in Kaduna State have successfully tracked down two COVID-19 patients who earlier fled their homes after they tested positive to the virus, State Commissioner of Health, Dr. Amina Mohammed- Baloni has confirmed. Dr. Baloni said the two suspects; a male and female have been moved to the state government isolation centre for treatment. …
Read more »