“The matter is currently being investigated and consequently we cannot provide further comment.”
United signed Fernandes for £47 million in January and the Portuguese playmaker has enjoyed a stunning start to his Old Trafford career. But Serie A side, Sampdoria, have claimed they are due a slice of that fee, having negotiated a 10 per cent sell-on clause when selling Fernandes to Sporting in June 2017 for €8.5 million.
That would see Sporting having to pay Sampdoria around £4 million after January’s deal that took Fernandes to Old Trafford, but so far the money has gone unpaid, which has led the Italian club to file a complaint to the game’s governing body, who will now investigate, with the issue between Sampdoria and Sporting, rather than United.
A FIFA spokesperson said: “We can confirm that on April 3, 2020 the Italian club, UC Sampdoria, lodged a claim with FIFA against the Portuguese club, Sporting Clube de Portugal, related to financial obligations set out in the contract corresponding to the transfer of the Portuguese player, Bruno Miguel Borges Fernandes.Fernandes spent a year with Sampdoria, scoring five goals in 35 games, before his move to Lisbon, where he spent two-and-a-half years before signing for United in January.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Bruno Fernandes to Man Utd transfer being investigated by FIFA – Daily TrustBruno Fernandes’ transfer to Manchester United is being investigated by FIFA after his former club Sampdoria lodged a complaint claiming they are owed money from a sell-on clause. Fernandes moved to Old Trafford in January for a fee of around £47 million ($58m) but Sampdoria, who sold the midfielder to Sporting C.P. three years ago, …
Read more »
COVID-19: Pinnick outlines reasons behind fund from FIFAThe President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick has said that $500,000 to each of the 211 member countries by Federation of
Read more »
$500,000 from FIFA statutory allocation not COVID-19 palliative - Pinnick – Daily TrustThe President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick has said the $500,000 due to the NFF from the world football governing body FIFA, is statutory allocation not COVID-19 palliative as many are made to believe. Pinnick also said both FIFA and CAF have put in place stringent process of checks and balances that make …
Read more »
FIFA to approve five substitutions ahead of football returnFIFA will approve an increase from three to five substitutions per match, when football returns amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Referees, chief, Nicola Rizzoli, feels football's governing body will accommodate the requests of individual associations. It is believed that an increase in replacements, will reduce the strain on players with fixture lists across the globe
Read more »
Bruno Fernandes to Man Utd transfer being investigated by FIFA – Daily TrustBruno Fernandes’ transfer to Manchester United is being investigated by FIFA after his former club Sampdoria lodged a complaint claiming they are owed money from a sell-on clause. Fernandes moved to Old Trafford in January for a fee of around £47 million ($58m) but Sampdoria, who sold the midfielder to Sporting C.P. three years ago, …
Read more »
Manchester United cool plans to sign Ighalo permanently, eye MartinezManchester United have cooled plans to sign Odion Ighalo permanently or extend his loan beyond the end of May, as they want to see what...
Read more »