FG orders UNILAG to suspend convocation

Nigeria News News

FG orders UNILAG to suspend convocation
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 63%

The management of the University of Lagos has postponed the university’s 51st Convocation scheduled to commence on March 9.

No reason was given for the postponement in the statement signed by the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Oladejo Azeez, Esq.The statement read, “The Management of the University of Lagos regrets to inform the general public that the 51st Convocation Ceremonies earlier scheduled to hold from Monday 9th to Thursday 12th March 2020, has been postponed.

The memo addressed to the Executive Secretary of the NUC, read, “The attention of the honourable minister has been drawn to the attached copy of a letter dated 2nd of March 2020 from the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Dr. B.O. Babalakin to the effect that the 2019 convocation ceremonies were not approved by the Governing Council in line with the laws of the University.

The vice-chancellor announced that the university had secured N250 million funding from the Bank of Industry to support entrepreneurship drive in the institution.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: UNILAG management suspends 51st convocation - Premium Times NigeriaBREAKING: UNILAG management suspends 51st convocation - Premium Times NigeriaThe hope of some 13,489 fresh graduates of the University of Lagos, Akoka, who had been scheduled to receive their certificates next week may have been dashed as the university management has called off its 2020 convocation ceremonies.
Read more »

UNILAG postpones 51st convocation over alleged supremacy battle – Daily TrustUNILAG postpones 51st convocation over alleged supremacy battle – Daily TrustThe University of Lagos (UNILAG) has postponed its 51st Convocation ceremony earlier scheduled to commence from March 9th - 12th, 2020 over alleged supremacy battle between the University management and its Pro-Chancellor, Mr. Wale Babalakin.
Read more »

Coronavirus: Why we’re hiding identity of Italian – FG – Daily TrustCoronavirus: Why we’re hiding identity of Italian – FG – Daily TrustThe Federal Government says the identity of the index case of Coronavirus in the country is kept secret because it is against medical ethics to do so without his consent. The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, who spoke with journalists after the Federal Executive Council meeting yesterday, said his case was different from the index …
Read more »

Whistleblowing: FG recovers N594.09bn in less 3 years -Sagay – Daily TrustWhistleblowing: FG recovers N594.09bn in less 3 years -Sagay – Daily TrustChairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itse Sagay, says the whistleblowing policy of the Federal Government has led to the recovery of N594.09bn in less than three years of its introduction. He spoke yesterday in Abuja at a two-day roundtable jointly organised by the African Centre for Media and Information Literacy, the PACAC …
Read more »

FG flags off MSMEs’ registration nationwidez – Daily TrustFG flags off MSMEs’ registration nationwidez – Daily TrustThe Federal Government has started a nationwide mass registration of businesses in the informal sector of the economy to facilitate the development of a database for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country. Speaking at the launch of the programme, the Director General of the Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency (SMEDAN), Dr. …
Read more »

Whistleblowing: FG recovers N594.09bn, 791 cases in three years – Sagay – Daily TrustWhistleblowing: FG recovers N594.09bn, 791 cases in three years – Sagay – Daily TrustThe Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itse Sagay, has said the Whistleblowing policy of the Federal Government has led to the recovery of N594.09bn in less than three years since it was introduced.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 16:01:54