FG okays Abuja-Kano road reconstruction, jacks up cost by N642.2bn

Nigeria News News

FG okays Abuja-Kano road reconstruction, jacks up cost by N642.2bn
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 48 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the complete reconstruction of the Abuja-Kaduna-Kano highway.

With the approval, the government changed the scope of work on the highway from the ongoing renovation to complete reconstruction.

Fashola said, “I presented on behalf of the Ministry of Works and Housing, one memorandum and one report. The memo was with respect to the Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano highway, which was to change the scope of works from rehabilitation previously awarded because many parts of the pavement had deteriorated, to full reconstruction of two lanes on both sides.

He added that the second phase, which is the 137Km Zaria-Kano section, will be delivered in the first quarter of 2023, while the last phase, the Abuja-Kaduna section should be completed in the second quarter of 2023. Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, told journalists that the council also approved N10.4bn for the procurement of fire-fighting vehicles and equipment for the Federal Fire Service.

Aregbesola said the council also approved N353.2m for the deployment of an integrated real-time data repository equipment for the Nigeria Immigration Service headquarters, Abuja.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines



Render Time: 2025-04-06 02:52:35