Fake Naval officer arrested in Ondo
A 34-year old man identified as Olusegun Abe who impersonated Flight Lieutenant SA Abe with a view to defraud family of late NAF pilot, Flight Lieutenant Ohai Idonije has been arrested.
Dressed in Nigerian military woodland camouflage uniform with the rank of Wing Commander, Abe was said to have approached a sister to the deceased, Mrs Tola Gbadamosi and introduced himself as her late brother’s senior colleague at NAF.Narrating what happened, Tola who is a crime reporter of The Hope Newspaper said, “Sometimes late last month, the suspect came to my office to drop his contact number and left instruction that I should call him, claiming to be my late brother’s colleague.
Tola stated that she contacted Acting Commander of the NAF 209 Quick Response Group team of Intelligence/ Regiment personel from Ipetu Ijesa, Osun State when she sensed fraudulent intention. He said he drove from Abuja to Akure and confessed his friend who works with the Nigeria Immigration Service helped him with fake ID cards.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Chinese Govt eases flight restrictions for foreign airlinesThe Chinese Government has said it will ease coronavirus restrictions to allow more foreign carriers, NAN reports. This is coming shortly after the US vowed to suspend Chinese passenger planes from flying into the country due to Beijing\u2019s curbs on American airlines. However, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) in a statement on Thursday,
Read more »
Airlines get set for June 21 flight resumption - The Nation NigeriaNCAA on Wednesday reaffirmed the June 21 date approved by the Federal Government (NigeriaGov) for five airports in the country to be reopened for aviation businesses as part of the second phase of the eased of COVID-19 lockdown.
Read more »
Air Force Nabs Fake Officer In OndoAir Force Nabs Fake Officer In Ondo
Read more »
Army arrests 24 suspected kidnappers in Ondo – Daily TrustTwenty-four suspected kidnappers have been arrested by officers of the Nigeria Army during operation in Owo and Akoko areas of Ondo state .
Read more »
Army arrests 24 bandits in Ondo forest|p style=
Read more »
George Floyd family happy with new charges against officers involved in fatal arrest \u2013 AttorneyThe lead attorney for George Floyd\u2019s family, Benjamin Crump, has said that the family is relieved to see new charges against police officers involved in the case, but believes that they should have been arrested earlier. DAILY POST recalls that Minnesota Attorney General, Keith Ellison has announced that charges against Derek Chauvin, a police officer
Read more »