Residents of erosion-prone areas in Uyo metropolis, Akwa Ibom State, are living in fear as gully erosion occasioned by downpours is threatening to sack them from their homes.
It was gathered that no fewer than 50 houses are at the risk of caving in, while about 10 buildings had already been washed away.
He lamented that the ravine on Asutan Street had wreaked much havoc on houses, adding that if nothing was urgently done during the rainy season, many people would be rendered homeless. “I’m calling on the government to come to the aid of our people and if it asks people to evacuate, at least it should make alternative arrangements for them.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Why Ondo South remains in blackout for 10 years - BEDCParts of Ondo South that are affected by the blackout are Okitipupa, Ilaje, Ese-Odo and Irele local government areas.
Read more »
Teacher arrested for defiling 10-year-old girl - The Nation NigeriaAn Assistant head teacher with Jajere Central Primary School, Abubakar Musa has been arrested by the Yobe state Police Command for raping...
Read more »
Nigerian newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Thursday morning - Daily Post NigeriaGood morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers: 1. Eyitayo Jegede has emerged winner of the governorship primaries of the Peoples
Read more »
Teacher arrested for allegedly raping 10-year-old pupil in Yobe - Daily Post NigeriaAn Assistant Headmaster at Central Primary Schools in Jajere, Fine local government area of Yobe state, Abubakar Musa has been apprehended for allegedly
Read more »
COVID-19: Police arrest 150 persons, impound 10 luxury buses in Lagos for violating curfewThe Lagos State Police Command says it has arrested 150 persons for allegedly violating the state government’s order banning movement in the state from 10pm to 4am. The Command also said it impound…
Read more »
Malabu: Italian prosecutors seek 10-year jail term for Dan EteteItalian prosecutors said late Tuesday they are seeking an eight-year prison term against the head of oil company Eni, Claudio Descalzi, as part of a long-running corruption case implicating the Ita...
Read more »