Ekiti okays IPP to improve power supply

Nigeria News News

Ekiti okays IPP to improve power supply
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 63%

Ekiti State Government has approved the development and operation of an Independent Power Plant in the state to improve power supply in the state.

The Commissioner for Information, Muyiwa Olumilua, who disclosed this on Sunday said the IPP would also reduce costs incurred in the provision and fueling of generators.

Olumilua, who said the project was approved by the State Executive Council during its virtual meeting last week, said, “The IPP is expected to be operational in nine months and save N276m yearly for the state.” According to him, the project, which would be executed through public private partnership, is expected to enable some strategic areas of the state to enjoy uninterrupted power supply.All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ekiti govt ratifies nominations of two Obas-elect – Daily TrustEkiti govt ratifies nominations of two Obas-elect – Daily TrustEkiti State government has approved the appointment of Prince Iluku Ojo Oluwadamilare Omobire, as the new Olomu of Ilomu Ekiti and Prince Adekunle Adeagbo of the Adifagbade ruling house as the new Oore of Otun-Ekiti, in Irepodun/Ifelodun and Moba local government areas respectively. State’s Commissioner for Information, Mr. Muyiwa Olumilua, in a release yesterday after …
Read more »

Ekiti slashes 2020 budget by N33bn - The NationEkiti slashes 2020 budget by N33bn - The NationEkiti Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi (Kfayemi), has approved a draft supplementary for downward review of the 2020 budget from the initial N124.5 billion to N91.128 billion...
Read more »

Ekiti twin girl found dead in co-tenant’s vehicleEkiti twin girl found dead in co-tenant’s vehicle
Read more »

Ekiti Slashes Budget To N91bn Amid PandemicEkiti Slashes Budget To N91bn Amid PandemicEkiti Slashes Budget To N91bn Amid Pandemic
Read more »

Ekiti slashes 2020 budget to N91bnEkiti slashes 2020 budget to N91bn
Read more »

7-year-old girl found dead, skin peeled off in neighbour’s car at Ado Ekiti7-year-old girl found dead, skin peeled off in neighbour’s car at Ado EkitiWe are a quality, national, newspaper with credible and dependable information.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 17:41:42