Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, says two victims of the recent attack on a train station in the state are still in captivity. He said this on Sunday when he
Rita OkonobohGodwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, says two victims of the recent attack on a train station in the state are still in captivity.On January 7, several persons were kidnapped when gunmen attacked a train station in Igueben LGA or the state.
Six of the victims had earlier been rescued and Chris Nehikare, Edo commissioner for communication, had later said a total of 20 persons were abducted.Speaking on Sunday after a visit to the 12 rescued persons, Obaseki commended security agencies for their efforts.“I visited 12 rescued kidnapped victims, who were abducted frome the Igueben Train Station in the state, assuring that we will leave no stone unturned in securing the release of the two remaining hostages,” the governor said.
“With the training of our special forces, we were able to rescue and release 12 out of 14 victims still in captive. “We are happy as a state and people that we have been able to secure the release of those kidnapped at the Igueben train Station over a week ago. “We thank our security forces for the sleepless nights and efforts put in place to rescue persons kidnapped. We appreciate them for this achievement as we have something to rejoice about especially as we celebrate our armed forces.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Edo train attack: Two more victims rescued from captivity | TheCableThe Edo government says two persons kidnapped during the attack on a train station in the state have been rescued.
Read more »
TheCable’s five tips to avoid election misinformation | TheCableWith less than 50 days away from the general elections, the internet has been awash with viral claims targeted at misinforming the public.
Read more »
Edo: Security operatives rescue two abducted train passengerTwo more victims of kidnapped train passengers in Edo State have been rescued by a joint team of military, police, local vigilante and hunters.
Read more »
Edo State Government Confirms Release Of Abducted Magistrate, One Other Train Passenger | Sahara ReportersThe combined team of Nigeria security agencies has rescued the Magistrate, Mrs Precious Aigbonoga and one other person who was kidnapped during the Edo State train attack. SaharaReporters reported that gunmen attacked the rail station in Igueben Local Government Area of the state on Saturday where at least 20 people were reportedly kidnapped. The kidnappers were reported to have made a demand of N20million for each person in captivity.
Read more »
Edo: Security operatives rescue two abducted train passengersTwo more victims of kidnapped train passengers in Edo State have been rescued by a joint team of military, police, local vigilante and hunters.
Read more »
Two more Edo train attack victims rescuedTwo more victims who were abducted by gunmen during the Edo train attack in the Igueben Local Government Area of the state have been rescued by a joint team of the military, police, local vigilantes and hunters.
Read more »