Edo train attack: 20 people abducted -- not 32, says commissioner | TheCable

Nigeria News News

Edo train attack: 20 people abducted -- not 32, says commissioner | TheCable
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 thecableng
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 80%

Edo train attack: 20 people abducted — not 32, says commissioner | TheCable

Chris Nehikhare, commissioner for communication in Edo, says intelligence report has shown that 20 persons were kidnapped from the Igueben train station in the state.

Nehikhare made the clarification on Wednesday at a media briefing in Benin, the Edo capital, while giving an update on the incident.“The kidnappers successfully kidnapped 20 persons at the Igueben train station and not 32 persons as previously said,” Nehikhare said.“The operation is ongoing and we are confident that very soon, the ordeal of the innocent citizens will soon be over.

“Also, if at any point, those that use the facility were found to have killed any of their captives, the owner of such facility would be charged for murder and prosecuted along with the perpetrators of the crime.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

thecableng /  🏆 2. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Newspaper Headlines: Gunmen demand N620m ransom for abducted Edo train passengers | TheCableNewspaper Headlines: Gunmen demand N620m ransom for abducted Edo train passengers | TheCableThe controversy trailing the implementation of the cash withdrawal limit policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) dominated the cover pages of Nigerian newspapers
Read more »

Gunmen abduct Edo customary court president | TheCableGunmen abduct Edo customary court president | TheCablePrecious Aigbonoga, president of the Igueben area customary court, has been reportedly kidnapped by gunmen. Aigbonoga was said to have been abducted on Monday morning while going to the court
Read more »

20 Passengers Were Kidnapped During Attack On Train Station, Not 32, Says Edo Government | Sahara Reporters20 Passengers Were Kidnapped During Attack On Train Station, Not 32, Says Edo Government | Sahara ReportersEdo State Government has said 20 passengers were abducted from a train station in the state and not 32 as widely reported. Some gunmen attacked Tom Ikimi/Ekehen station in Igueben on Saturday, kidnapping several passengers. SaharaReporters reported on Tuesday that seven of the kidnapped victims had regained their freedom. Giving an update, Chris Nehikhare, the state communication and orientation commissioner, confirmed that seven of the abductees had been rescued but added that 13 victims were still being held by the kidnappers and not 25.
Read more »

Edo train attack: Sign Hunters and Forestry Bill into law - Metchie tells BuhariEdo train attack: Sign Hunters and Forestry Bill into law - Metchie tells BuhariJohnny Chukwudi Metchie, Assistant Commander General of the Nigerian Hunters and Forestry Security Service (NHFSS) in charge of Technical Services, has
Read more »

Edo train attack shows security system’s failureEdo train attack shows security system’s failureComing just 10 months after the attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train in Kaduna State, it confirms the collapse of the country’s security system under the regime of the President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
Read more »

Six More Abducted Edo Train Passengers Rescued – THISDAYLIVESix More Abducted Edo Train Passengers Rescued – THISDAYLIVE
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 03:41:14