Ebola outbreak remains global threat - WHO - Premium Times Nigeria

Nigeria News News

Ebola outbreak remains global threat - WHO - Premium Times Nigeria
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 PremiumTimesng
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 49 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 78%

Ebola outbreak remains global threat – WHO

L-R: Dr Micheal J. Ryan, Executive Director; Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, WHO Director General; Head of WHO’s Global Infectious Hazard Preparedness division, Sylvie Briand.The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo remains a public health emergency of international concern, the World Health Organisation has said.

The decision could be apt because last year before the disease was declared an emergency, a case had been detected in Uganda, a neighbouring country, in a man who had travelled from DRC. The country has been battling the outbreak of the disease since August, but the new coronavirus outbreak in China has pushed news on the disease off the headlines.

“More than 2000 contacts are being followed. There has been an increase in the number of security incidents in recent months. “We can’t forget that while Ebola has killed thousands of people, measles has also killed thousands in DRC, in less time. “Our greatest fear remains the damage this coronavirus could do in a country like DRC. Even as the flames of one outbreak begin to die down, we are fighting another fire-front.”The Ebola expert group will likely to meet again within three months for another review on the status of the disease, the chairman of the committee, Robert Steffen, said.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

PremiumTimesng /  🏆 3. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ebola: Epidemic not over in DRC - Premium Times NigeriaEbola: Epidemic not over in DRC - Premium Times NigeriaThe Ebola outbreak ravaging the Democratic Republic of Congo appears far from over as new confirmed cases and deaths from the disease are still being
Read more »

WHO to decide on emergency status of Ebola in DR CongoWHO to decide on emergency status of Ebola in DR CongoUN health agency experts meet on Wednesday to decide whether the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo should still be considered a global health emergency, following a sharp decline in reported cases.
Read more »

WHO to decide on emergency status of Ebola in DR CongoWHO to decide on emergency status of Ebola in DR CongoUN health agency experts meet on Wednesday to decide whether the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo should still be considered a global health emergency, following a sharp decline i...
Read more »

UPDATED: Ebola: Epidemic not over in DRCUPDATED: Ebola: Epidemic not over in DRCThe Ebola outbreak ravaging the Democratic Republic of Congo appears far from over as new confirmed cases and deaths from the disease are still being
Read more »

WHO to decide on emergency status of Ebola in DR CongoWHO to decide on emergency status of Ebola in DR CongoUN health agency experts meet on Wednesday to decide whether the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo should still be considered a global health emergency, following a sharp decline i...
Read more »

Ebola: Epidemic not over in DRC - Premium Times NigeriaEbola: Epidemic not over in DRC - Premium Times NigeriaThe Ebola outbreak ravaging the Democratic Republic of Congo appears far from over as new confirmed cases and deaths from the disease are still being
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:34:12