A deputy director with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Yisa Usman, was, on Tuesday, arraigned at the Federal
High Court, Abuja, following allegations of threatening the wife of the JAMB registrar, Raheemat Oloyede.
He was arraigned by the police on behalf of the Federal Government on a five-count before Justice Nkeonye Maha. Both of them were said to have communicated with Oloyede through a network computer system with the phone number: +447529723948, and the communication was said to be “grossly offensive, indecent, criminal intimidation with the purpose of causing inconvenience or needless anxiety” to her.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to all the counts after the charge was read to him. Following this, his counsel, Moses Balogun, applied for bail. The lawyer informed the court that a bail application filed on June 7 had already been served on the prosecution on the same day.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
JAMB director docked over alleged threat, blackmailA deputy director of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) identified as Yisa Usman was arraigned on Tuesday on allegations bordering on
Read more »
JAMB To Decide Admission Cut-off Marks June 24Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has fixed June 24 for its 2023 policy meeting on admission into tertiary institutions.
Read more »
JAMB to decide cut-off for varsities, others June 24The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board will decide the cut-off for 2023 admissions into universities, polytechnics and other tertiary
Read more »
Exams Body, JAMB Deputy Director Arraigned For Threatening Registrar, Prof Oloyede’s Wife On Phone | Sahara ReportersA Deputy Director of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Mr Yisa Usman, was arraigned on Tuesday for allegedly threatening Mrs Raheemat Oloyede over the phone in order to blackmail her husband, Prof. Ishaq, the board's registrar. Usman was before the court for a five-count charge by the police on behalf of the Nigerian Government before Justice Nkeonye Maha of a Federal High Court in Abuja. He was accused of committing the crime with Abdulfatai Usman, who is still at large, between February 14 and February 15, 2022.
Read more »
Nigerian Regulatory Agency accuses ExxonMobil of oil theft'My response to your inquiry is that all operations of the NNPC/MPN Joint entire are carried out in full compliance with the law,'...
Read more »
Nigeria's 2023 elections marred by vote manipulation - IEOM reportThe National Democratic Institute and International Republican Institute's joint International Election Observation Mission (IEOM) released its final
Read more »