COVID-19: Queen Elizabeth joins first official video call

Nigeria News News

COVID-19: Queen Elizabeth joins first official video call
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 65 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 29%
  • Publisher: 63%

Queen Elizabeth II has kept up with technology throughout her reign, and on Thursday made her debut on a digital platform that has become ubiquitous during the coronavirus outbreak -- the video con...

Queen Elizabeth II has kept up with technology throughout her reign, and on Thursday made her debut on a digital platform that has become ubiquitous during the coronavirus outbreak — the video conference call.

The 94-year-old monarch logged in from Windsor Castle, where she has been staying during the COVID-19 outbreak, to speak with carers and discuss how they have been coping. “Interesting listening to all your tales and stories,” she said, according to an excerpt of the call released by Buckingham Palace.Her daughter Princess Anne, 69, also logged in for an engagement marking a nationwide week of events highlighting the work of people who care for relatives or friends with a disability, mental or physical illness.

Alexandra Atkins, 24, who looks after her mother, father and grandmother, said it was a “just unreal” to see the royals on the call.The queen’s eldest son and heir, Prince Charles, revealed last week he has been “doing the Facetime” to stay in touch with family and friends during the coronavirus lockdown.The queen has always shown an interest in new technology.She sent her first email long before most people, from a computer at a British Army base in 1976.

In 2014, she sent her first tweet during a visit to London’s Science Museum, expressing her pleasure at opening a new gallery and signing it “Elizabeth R”.More recently, she held a lockdown weekly audience from Windsor with Prime Minister Boris Johnson — but on an old-fashioned rotary telephone.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Queen Elizabeth's Husband Prince Philip Marks 99th BirthdayQueen Elizabeth's Husband Prince Philip Marks 99th BirthdayPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, is marking his 99th birthday today with a celebratory portrait alongside his wife, Queen Elizabeth II as they spend lockdown at Windsor Castle.
Read more »

Queen Elizabeth’s husband, Prince Philip, turns 99Queen Elizabeth’s husband, Prince Philip, turns 99
Read more »

WHO Calls For New Lockdowns In Pakistan As COVID-19 SurgesWHO Calls For New Lockdowns In Pakistan As COVID-19 SurgesWHO Calls For New Lockdowns In Pakistan As COVID-19 Surges
Read more »

COVID-19: Edo joins list of states with high cases of coronavirus - Daily Post NigeriaCOVID-19: Edo joins list of states with high cases of coronavirus - Daily Post NigeriaEdo State has joined the list of top states with the highest cases of COVID-19. The state in the past few days has recorded more cases of the deadly virus
Read more »

COVID-19: Infected Gombe govt officials opt for home treatmentCOVID-19: Infected Gombe govt officials opt for home treatment|p style=
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:45:30