COVID-19: Over 4,000 Nigerians Need Evacuation Across The World
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffery Onyeama says there are over four thousand Nigerians from across the world needing evacuation in the face of the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic.
Mr Onyeama made the remarks while fielding questions from journalists at the daily news briefing by the Presidential Task Force in Abuja. He, however, noted that the lack of bed spaces to isolate the evacuees is the major challenge that the government is grappling with.Although the minister had told journalists last week that the first set of evacuees from the United Arab Emirate will arrive the country on May 4th, he explained that measures are being put in place to see that the evacuation exercise commences latest on Wednesday 6th of May.
He noted that the government was in the process of repatriation of Nigerians abroad who were willing to return and Emirates Airline had indicated interest to bring them back to Nigeria. The minister stressed that the airline would operate on May 6, to bring Nigerians abroad back to the country.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID-19: GAC Motors donates N20m, N50,000 face masks – Daily TrustChief Diana Chen, the business owner of GAC MOTORS in Nigeria, has donated an ambulance, 50,000 Face Masks and 20 Million Naira, to Combat COVID-19 in Nigeria. The donation was routed through the private sector coalition against COVID-19 being championed by business moguls in Nigeria. The promoters of the GAC Motor Brand in Nigeria has …
Read more »
Female COVID-19 Patient Escapes From Isolation Centre In Taraba | Sahara ReportersHe declared the patient wanted and urged residents to report if found anywhere.
Read more »
220 new Covid-19 infections raise Nigeria total to 2,388 – Daily Trust220 new cases of COVID19 have raised Nigeria’s total burden of coronavirus disease to 2,388. Among them, 62 are in Lagos, 52 in Abuja and 31 in Kaduna. Still on the breakdown: 13-Sokoto 10-Kebbi 9-Yobe 6-Borno 5-Edo 5-Bauchi 4-Gombe 4-Enugu 4-Oyo 3-Zamfara 2-Nasarawa 2-Osun 2-Ebonyi 2-Kwara 2-Kano 2-Plateau A total 385 patients have been discharged …
Read more »
NFF donates protective materials to Kano Task Force on Covid-19 – Daily TrustThe Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, on Friday donated protective materials to the Kano State Task Force on COVID-19 as its support in the fight against the deadly coronavirus. The items donated by the Chairman of Kano State Football Association Chairman, Alhaji Shariff Rabi’u Inuwa on behalf of the NFF president Amaju Pinnick include 16 cartons …
Read more »
BREAKING: COVID-19 cases jump to 2388 in NigeriaNigeria has now recorded two hundred and twenty new cases of COVID-19 today. According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, 62 of the new cases were recorded in Lagos, 52 in FCT, 31 in Kaduna, 13 in Sokoto, 10 in Kebbi, 9 in Yobe, 6 in Borno, 5 in Edo. Other are …
Read more »
BREAKING: Nigeria’s COVID-19 deaths rise to 85 - The Nation NewspapersMeanwhile, the Federal Government (NigeriaGov) has explained that the spike in the cases of coronavirus across the nation is attributable to the strong, ongoing community transmission. NCDCGov
Read more »