COVID-19: Nigerian govt reveals why 50 per cent of patients die at home

Nigeria News News

COVID-19: Nigerian govt reveals why 50 per cent of patients die at home
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 DailyPostNGR
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 27 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 59%

Nigeria's Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, has said that 50 per cent of patients lost to COVID-19 died in their homes. Ehanire in a statement on Friday signed by the Ministry\u2019s Director of Information, Media and Public Relations, Eunice Akro, also noted that 50 percent also did not show any symptoms of the disease.

Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, has said that 50 per cent of patients lost to COVID-19 died in their homes.

Ehanire in a statement on Friday signed by the Ministry’s Director of Information, Media and Public Relations, Eunice Akro, also noted that 50 percent also did not show any symptoms of the disease. The statement read in part: “Ehanire said that findings from the analysis of the deaths show that nearly half of them died at home.“This underscores my earlier emphasis on the need for those who test positive to report for treatment.”A total of 2,007 patients have been discharged, while 221 deaths have been recorded.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyPostNGR /  🏆 11. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

About 100 COVID-19 deaths occurred at home, EhanireAbout 100 COVID-19 deaths occurred at home, EhanireThe Federal government yesterday said that finding from the analysis of the 200 Covid-19 deaths recorded so far in the country shows that nearly half of them died at home.
Read more »

COVID-19: Gov Bello pardons 50 inmatesCOVID-19: Gov Bello pardons 50 inmatesKogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has pardoned 50 inmates serving in various Correctional Service across in the state. The governor also reduced the terms of some of the inmates while also c…
Read more »

COVID-19: China denies Trump’s accusationCOVID-19: China denies Trump’s accusationChina offered a low-key rebuttal to United States President Donald Trump's accusation of mass killing on Thursday, with a foreign ministry official insisting the country did its best to protect liv...
Read more »

COVID-19: Several Frontline Security Operatives Enforcing Lockdown Directives Feared Positive - THISDAYLIVECOVID-19: Several Frontline Security Operatives Enforcing Lockdown Directives Feared Positive - THISDAYLIVEEight confirmed cases, one dead as navy tests over 1,300 Army, police isolate infected personnel as several others opt for self-medication Navy builds isolation, treatment Facilities in Lagos By Chiemelie Ezeobi Fears abound over the health of security operatives who have been on the frontline of enforcing the lockdown directives issued by the federal government …
Read more »

Northern Governors Ask President Buhari For Special Fund To Combat Spread Of COVID-19 | Sahara ReportersNorthern Governors Ask President Buhari For Special Fund To Combat Spread Of COVID-19 | Sahara ReportersNorthern Governors Ask President MBuhari For Special Fund To Combat Spread Of COVID-19 | Sahara Reporters In a communique issued after the Northern Governors Forum held a teleconference on Wednesday, the governors said their states have 54... READ MORE:
Read more »

COVID-19: Kante decides to stay away from Chelsea trainingCOVID-19: Kante decides to stay away from Chelsea trainingChelsea midfielder, N'Golo Kante, was given permission by the club to miss training on Wednesday. According to Sky Sports, the France international expressed safety concerns over a return amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Kante was present at Cobham on Tuesday, on the first day Premier League clubs were allowed to resume small group sessions. However, the
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 20:26:56